Visiting Chicago w/20 something kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be visiting Chicago with our three twenty something kids. What's going on in Chicago for these "young-ins"?
Old Jan 9th, 2005, 06:14 PM

Blue Man Group, Second City, various jazz clubs, shopping, art institute, Chicago Wolves Hockey, Chicago Bulls basketball, lots of college basketball games, etc. when will you be in Chicago,staying where, interests of the kids?
Old Jan 10th, 2005, 06:55 AM
JJ5

I bet Chicgal is on vacation. Do a search under her name. She is amazing and will give hundred, yes literally hundreds of details to places/ venues to chose from.

Don't know when you are coming, but the Shedd Aquarium is closed right now and will reopen by end of the week. And it is supposed to be fabulous with new Wild Reef etc. Also Wicked is here in April/ May and part of June. They might love that live show. If later, then don't forget about baseball.

Visit www.metromix.com for many ideas and latest updates.
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Original Poster

We will arrive Sat, 22nd and leave Mon 24th. Will have car available. Kids enjoy everything and try new things easily. Thanks for your suggestions will pursue websites. Any snow in forecast?
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 06:01 AM
JJ5

bear, I would never venture to guess the weather more than one week ahead in Chicago. For instance, we had at least a foot of snow lying around when I went to work yesterday, and when I left the buildings to walk after lunch rain had started, and by 5pm-6pm there was torrential rain and not a wit of snow left. I don't think I can remember the snow leaving that fast in my living memory. And I have been in or near Chicago for 55 plus years. We were 60 to 64 degrees in some suburbs yesterday and tied a record.

But we have a cold snap coming now and some flurries will probably arrive on Sunday the 16th. You are asking for a week after that and the way this winter is going, I have a feeling that you will probably hit 30's- 40's. As the present pattern looks like the really cold stuff is coming in waves about 2 weeks apart. Tonight and tomorrow it will be around zero to 10- and that will last until Sunday's flurries start.

It doesn't really matter, as long as you can get to your lodging. Just go to weather.com and put in the zip 60652 (South side and pretty accurate) and you should get a more accurate "guess" about 2 days in advance. And if you have long coats wear those, as opposed to jackets.
Old Jan 13th, 2005, 06:12 AM

check out www.chicagotraveler.com for ideas...
Old Jan 17th, 2005, 06:46 PM

We too are interested in any replies to this question. My boyfriend and I are looking for something else to do that's fun for our age group.