Visiting Boston Christmas Week

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Peter

Hi:
i will be visiting boston during christmas week. i am 20 years old and i am wondering how cold will it be and if there will be any snow. i am specially interested on this aspect since it will be my first time seeing snow. is it a beautiful christmas city? What is there to do? I enjoy every kind of activity.
Thanks on advance
Peter

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 10:22 PM
gail

It will be cold - and probably windy. Temps 20-35 F usually. Snow might be a problem - less than 50-50 chance of snow in Boston itself, but if you head north to NH or VT you have a better chance.

Thousands of posts here on Boston - do a search and if you are a little more specific, someone could help.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 03:27 AM
Jen

I hopeyou will be here through New Year's Eve! Boston has the county's oldest and best First Night celebration. http://www.firstnight.org/

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Beth2

Fanueil Hall will be decorated nicely for Christmas, and ice skating should be possible in the Commons, which is also sprinkled with white lights. The Boston Ballet does a wonderful Nutcracker at the gorgeous Wang Theatre. Will you have a car? Try to take in the LaSallette lights in North Attleboro, if you are in to that type of thing. Snow is not too likely, unless you can use a car to get up around Stowe, Vermont. Good luck and Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday!

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 04:33 PM
native

Just want to clarify the snow issue....while it is possible Boston may not have snow on the ground at Christmas, that does not mean Peter will have to travel outside of MA to NH and/or VT. I live west of Boston along the Rte. 495/3 corridor in the Merrimack Valley and we have had snow for Christmas many years.

I think last year (no snow 'till April) was a freak of nature. Outisde of Boston will be colder and more likely to have snow. City Hall Plaza, Copley Plaza, the Prudential Center and Downtown Crossing will be decorated beautifully for the holidays as will Fanueil Hall.

List some specifics for things you would like to see and do Peter and maybe I, and others, could give you some additionall help. Beth and Jenn have listed some great ideas already.