Virginia/DC/Maryland in April

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 09:53 AM
Gee

Virginia/DC/Maryland in April

I'd like suggestions on things to see and do in the above areas. We'll be staying in a Fairfax county. Enjoy: musuems, festivals, funky botiques, parks, wildlife,countyside. Also am a big cat lover and am looking for shops that sell cat realted items or merchandise in the shape of a cat. Thanks.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 11:39 AM
lisa

There is a wonderful funky little gift boutique in Washington DC that sells very cool stuff. It is called Chocolate Moose and it is at 18th & M Streets NW. I'm sure they have some cat-related items.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 05:25 PM
Beth

http://www.baltimore.org/index.html
Just in case you venture up the road to Baltimore, check out the above, esp. the listing for the Visonary Museum - museum and funky all in one. The Walters and Baltimore Museum of Art are also worth seeing. Old Town Alexandria (Virginia) might have the most concentrated shopping for your cat quest.

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 05:35 PM
mo

Forget Old Town for your cat shopping. Although I love my town we need a good cat store. The 2 pet stores/bakeries cater to Roover

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 09:01 PM
Polly

Someone help me with this. There is a store on one of the side streets in Alexandria that sells both cat and dog gift-reated items...note pads, books, aprons...etc. It is within about 5 or 6 blocks of the waterfront and toward the beltway from Alexandria's main drag. I was in the shoppe in June, but for the life of me, cannot narrow it down any further.