Reload this Page >

Vintage Palm Springs

Search

Vintage Palm Springs

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 12:19 PM
sparklegem

Vintage Palm Springs

Hoping to tour mid-century architecture and shop for vintage clothing while in Palm Springs. Would appreciate some good tips and addresses.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:55 PM
tan

Hard to beat the Coral Sands (Motel, Inn, Resort? _ I forget exactly). Anyway, this is a vintage hostelry run by a person whose life has been spent collecting vintage memorabilia. The owner is very knowledgeable. Not fancy or expensive, but very attractive and fun if you are looking for Palm Springs of yesteryear. It is located in the "mid-century modern" part of Palm Springs. Also, you should get the book "Palm Springs Weekend" which depicts much of the outstanding architecture of P.S. with addresses. You can walk to many of the places metioned in that book from the Coral Sands.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:58 PM
xxx

The Orbit Inn is another perfect hotel for your stay in Palm Springs if you're seeking mid-century atmosphere.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:10 PM
ellen

The place to which Tan referred is called the Coral Sands Inn. Information can be seen at the website coralsandspalmsprings.com. I second the nomination, If you are interested in old Palm Springs. It is small and personal, but does not have the "amenities" of a modern Palm Springs resort. To me that was a plus.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 10:14 AM
PS

topping

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 06:46 AM
sparklegem

Thank you for the great tips!!
Gem