Very Merry Christmas Party!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I accidentally posted this question on the lounge, but the gist of my post is this...

Is it worth the substantial admission? Is it suitable for toddlers? And is it ridiculously crowded?
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
dmlove

What is "it"?

Old Aug 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM

I think it's a Disney thing.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

It is a Disney thing. Officially known as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Unofficially known as very expensive and I'm trying to figure out if a tariff of roughly $10 an hour is possibly worth it, even for people who usually enjoy things of Disney.

There is a more detailed post on the lounge, I just didn't want to retype the whole thing. Sorry for being unclear.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 03:34 PM

My husband and I went this past December. We did not think that it was worth the price of admission - and we went on a discounted night.

I did not think that Disney did a good enough job of crowd control and making sure that everyone there had actually paid to attend the party.

We were much happier the night we went to the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights.

That all being said - we don't have children - although we are Disney lovers but that may change things quite a bit.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM

We took our daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandkids ages 8,6, and 3 to MVMCP in December, 2006 and we LOVED it. We got there right at 4 pm when it started and stayed until the final parade at midnight. Granted we had to carry two kids out of the park because they were sleeping but we all had a great time! The fireworks were unbelievable. Everything Disney is expensive - We just bought the tickets in advance so it was a done deal before we even got there.
Pam
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM

We went - - all loved it ! Worth it.
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 04:32 AM

My co-worker took her 8 year old granddaughter last year and they both loved it. Disney limits the number of tickets sold per night, so it's buys, but not crowded in the way it would be on a major holiday, for example.

Deb, have you looked at allearsnet.com? I think they had a report on last year's Very Merry.
Old Aug 11th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

I've been on allears, and on mousesavers, and have read a couple of guidebooks (all for a trip we're not sure if we're taking this year or next), and have gotten a somewhat mixed set of impressions.

We like Disney, but we LOVE Christmas, and the combo sounds like a good one, but even for a Disney experience it's pricey, and I've heard some unhappy things about crowds and poor crowd control.

The toddler, by the way, is not mine, but would be my sister's. Mine will be either 13 or 14, but has a young personality, and loves "cute" stuff.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Older post, I know. However, I HAVE to add that our family of six has been to MVMCP three times and love it, love it, love it. Our kids ride attractions over and over with ZERO LINE that they could ride maybe once, or twice during normal park hours. Our three year old was able to enjoy Mickey's Barnstormer (?) ride like it was just for him. I encourage skipping the parade and ignoring the fireworks at this event since it is an amazing opportunity to enjoy the park with fewer people than you could ever expect. Also, you can be admitted into the park as early as 4pm even though the ticket may say 7pm. You will get wrist bracelets so you won't have to exit at 7pm.
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM

The first time I went was 1999 and I went again this Dec. I know they control the amount of people that can attend but I thought it was much more crowded than the last time I went. We still had to wait for some of the rides the haunted mansion wait was over 30 minutes. Overall most rides will have no wait or a shorter wait but I am not sure if that is worth the extra ticket.