venice, italy hotels

Search

venice, italy hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
venice, italy hotels

Could anybody suggest a hotel in Venice that they really enjoyed and was close to St. Marks? Would appreciate some advice. Thank you
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 01:47 PM

The Italy forum would be a better place to post this, but we LOVED Hotel Corte Grimani. It has mini apartments
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 12:50 PM

This isn't so much a reply and a plea for your sharing what you found out. I haven't quite figured out this chat business so I can ask my question personally - so I am hoping you will share yours. Lana
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 01:07 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Ala which is near St. Marks and the Grand Canal, but in a quiet location.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:12 PM

We stayed here and loved it! Hotel Cà Formenta http://www.hotelcaformenta.it/en/albergo.htm

We specifially asked for a front room that slept 3 and had an incredible view of the water and St. Mark's Square off to the left of our window. It's easy to get to. I'll certainly be staying here again. It's just far enough away from the madness of the main tourist area of St. Mark's and there's even a few eating places next door. You have to go 2 doors down to the right and have lemoncello!
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 05:53 PM

Actually there is not an Italy Board.

When you click on the Europe Board whatever thread you start or whatever thread you post to will end up on the Europe Board.

If the title of the thread indicates the subject is about Italy (as this thread does) than when other Fodorites use the Search Box and say type in "Venice" and click the country name "Italy" they will pull up and see on the left hand of the screen the various threads that indicate Venice in the title of the thread.

je15211, if you post back here on your thread and indicate about how much per night you wish you pay for the room in Venice that will help other Fodorites make suggestions that would fit in with what you are looking for.

Venice is a beautiful and unique city to visit..a visit you will never forget!
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM

Oh my, I also meant to say, please do post your question on the Europe Board..you accidently posted it on the US Board. Ciao!