Reload this Page >

Vegetarian restaurants in New Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:57 AM
Kate

My husband has a business trip soon in New Orleans and I have been invited along. I am a vegetarian and know that New Orleans is known for seafood. Do the seafood restaurants have vegetarian entrees or can you recommend a good vegetarian restaurant?

Thanks!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 06:22 AM
Meg

There are two in the Quarter - one is Old Dog, New Trick is at 307 Exchange Alley - between Bienville and Conti, I think. Another is called Secret Garden and is in the 500 block of St. Philip Street. Enjoy!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Kate

Thanks Meg!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 07:07 AM
julie

My husband is a strict vegetarian and we live in New Orleans. We request meals at nicer restaurants and it is never a problem getting them to fix something. Just tell them what you don't eat. Say "no eggs, meat, or seafood".

Also many restaurants will have a vegetarian selection. One that my husband had recently that he really enjoyed was at the Top of the Dome in the Hyatt. He said it was the best grilled vegetables that he has ever had. It came with a side order of cous cous. The restaurant revolves; I love going there. It also has a chocoholics bar...all you can eat chocolate desserts.
The only place that was a problem was Ruth's Chris steak house, his only option was french fries and a $10 sweet potato.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Kate

Drop me off at the chocolate bar and pick up a few days (and pounds later)!

Thanks Julie. Hubby's not a fan of the Ruth Chris (low price to value ratio for the meat) and though I can order a side of broccoli, I really don't want the 5 pounds of it they call a serving. And I agree they charge way too much for a baked potato.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 03:26 PM
n.o. baby

splurge for one trip!