Notices

Vegas - Stardust or Orleans?

Old Feb 7th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vegas - Stardust or Orleans?

Due to high prices, these are my only two choices. I won't be renting a car so I'm leaning toward the Stardust since I can walk or catch a bus right out front. What do you think?
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 02:57 PM

As I prefer to be on the strip, I'd go with Sahara, would it be more expensive then Stardust? And Sahara is on the monorail and bus lines, and I like their breakfast buffet.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Since the Stardust is scheduled for implosion at the end of the year, service might not be too great. Orleans has shuttle service to center of the strip...not that convenient to wait for a shuttle bus all the time but just as long as a walk from the Stardust I suppose.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 04:53 PM

The Orleans is not a bad place, but it is inconvenient without a car. The Stardust has seen better days, but it is on the strip. It's about a 10 min. walk from Stardust to Mirage (I know, I've done it, when we walked down to see the show Havana Nights at the Stardust. Cabs from Orleans to the strip are expensive (think $12-15 ... again I know that because I've attended a meeting at Orleans while staying on the Strip). The shuttle bus at Orleans can be a little "iffy" so go with Stardust if that is what the budget allows.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 06:36 PM

We always stay at the Orleans because their rooms are quite nice and usually reasonably priced. You might have to wait 15-20 minutes for a shuttle bus, but we've never seen that as an issue.
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM
trippinkpj

I would pick Orleans even without a car. It's a great place for the price. The rooms large, clean with nice decor. As the previous poster said the shuttle is pretty frequent and reliable. Although, I'm thinking there would be other choices in the same price range for your dates. If you'd like me to, you could give me your dates and I'll run a check for you.
Karen

Old Feb 8th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Karen, but believe me, I've researched this thoroughly. (Faina, the Sahara is cheaper, but I hear they have few non-smoking rooms). As I only make the trip to LV every couple years, I think I'd rather stay on the strip. Having a balcony at the Stardust sounds nice. Anyone here stayed in those rooms? I have discount coupons for buffets at Riviera, Stardust and Frontier. They're not at the top of the gourmet list, but are they decent enough?

Thanks for the opinions.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 04:59 AM

Stardust actually has some decent food options. Their coffee shop has $9.99 prime rib that was actually quite good! Their buffet, on the other hand, was barely edible...
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Any other opinions about the Stardust East Tower rooms?

What is the best buffet within walking distance?
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 04:03 PM

I've stayed at the Stardust in recent times and although I agree that it's seen better days, it's a good place to stay for the price & location. I love the fact that I can walk or catch the bus out front, PLUS Walgreens is across the street and that is extremely convenient for snacks, water, whatever. I love that it's a 5 minute walk to Fashion Show Mall.

Best buffet within walking....depends how far that is for you? I have heard good things about the TI buffet; I like the Mirage. The Wynn sunday brunch is ok but you need to go early.
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

I'd say as far down as the Mirage would be in "easy" walking distance. I'm trying to decide for Sunday brunch between Wynn and Circus Circus Steakhouse (not the dumpy buffet). Both within walking distance and about the same price. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 11th, 2006, 07:38 PM

Circus steakhouse is terrific and you can make reservations. If you're talking about buffet at the Wynn...you'll be waiting in line quite a while.