Search

VEGAS HOTEL - January 2006

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VEGAS HOTEL - January 2006

Hi –

I’m going to be in Vegas for the 1st time - 3 nights 5/6/7 of January 2006…

My problem is there is a big convention on then which I have only just realised, so prices are expensive

Is it best to book a hotel now or wait till nearer the time for offers and coupons etc. or will it simply be all booked and even more expensive?

Any other advice will be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks for your help ain advance!
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 05:52 AM

Almost always - if you book directly with the hotel your reservation will be cancellable. So, if you find the most reasonable price available now that is still cancellable and book it, your situation pricewise cannot get any worse. And if something better comes along later, book it and cancel the first.

Also, once you are sure that your plans are set, you might consider bidding on priceline. You may or may not get a better deal that way, but it's worth a try if you can live with the non-refundable/non-changeable aspect of it and only have 1 or 2 people per room.
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 05:55 AM

Book now (you will have to pay a one night deposit that is refundable should you cancel within hotel's time frame). I go to 'Vegas several times a year and it is always best to have a "sure" reservation but to keep looking. Sign up for all the e-mail alerts/promotions from the hotels you are interested in and check their websites regularly. If the hotel you are booked in rates goes down call them and they will lower your rate (I do this all the time, the Mirage is particularly good about this and I stay there often).

'Vegas has so many conventions now year 'round that it is not so easy to get "inexpensive" hotel rooms on the strip anymore.
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Cheers! I will do that now!
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 06:34 AM

Good advice from the other posts to book now...I have worked at a couple of Strip hotels and the rates fluctuate depending on availability, so the closer they get to being sold out the more expensive those rates will get.