Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Vegas during NCAA championship game...best place to bet?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 07:49 AM
karl

I will be in Las Vegas during the Monday of the championship game of the NCAA tournament. Now I realize the betting parlors are going to be packed, but can anyone reccommend a place to go watch the game and bet, drink, have fun that is near our hotel. we are staying at Treasure Island. Thanks for your help.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 08:28 AM
thereuare

The Mirage, right next door to your TI, has a nice sports book.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Steve

Even though it's not new, I still love the book at Caesar's. MGM has recently renovated, but it is tiny compared to Caesar's. Also, the book at Mandalay Bay is nice, but it gets absolutely packed. If you want to venture a little off of the stip, try the book at Rio. It's nice and big.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 10:13 AM
tom

Caesar's has one of the best sports books. However, I believe that it is currently under construction. I think that the new theatre that is being built for Celene Dion is going to be where the sports book currently is located (or at least in that area). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Venetian has a decent sports book.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:26 PM

I just spent 3 days in the Caesar's sports book and there is not any construction going on that I saw. There are lots of seats, but still we had to stake out our spot around 7:00 AM in order to guarantee seats. Lots of fun though!