Vegas - anniversary dinner!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, my husband and I will be in Vegas for our wedding anniversary next month. I would like your suggestions for a really nice restaurant for dinner on that night. We will be on a kind of a budget for the rest of our trip but would like to splurge a bit on our anniversary night. We are both early 30's and would like somewhere romantic yet trendy. Thanks.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:55 AM

Hi, soccergirl,

We loved our anniversary dinner in December at Prime in the Bellagio. Lovely service, wonderful food & a beautiful view of the fountains.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:57 AM

btw, soccergirl, we've been married for longer than you've been alive (!), and even we thought it was romantic!
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Leona,

I will check out Prime for sure.

Old Jul 27th, 2004, 09:03 AM
E

We loved, loved, loved NobHill in the MGM Grand. Luxurious service, a warm but hip atmosphere--try to get a private booth--and amazing food. A real treat. The lobster potpie is to die for--they bring it out in its baking dish on a cart, slice into it and reassemble the thing on a plate for you at tableside. Yum.

It doesn't have a view, but we were terribly disappointed in Circo at the Bellagio, which has a view of the fountain show and really terrible food. So I'm more than willing to forego a view now! And for a romantic (and expensive) dinner, I'd avoid all the "theme" places in Vegas--they don't do it for me, although obviously, that's just my opinion.

Did not eat there, but really liked the look of Bradley Ogden at Ceasar's--sleek and beautiful, with a great-sounding, fresh and modern menu. It's on our list for next time...enjoy!
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 10:51 AM

We liked Le Cirque this time around, have also enjoyed Picasso. Found Cirque to have slightly better food, more varied menu, friendlier (less stuffy) service - though Picasso wasn't too bad, but Picasso has a much better view. Cirque was a bit louder. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 10:56 AM

A couple of years ago, my wife and I had an anniversary dinner at Binions Steak house on Freemont: http://www.binions.com/dining.htm

It was fantastic, especially at sunset. You might want to check that out.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM
lvk

I'm not sure how the food is these days, but you can't be the view from the restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere. It rotates, so you can get a 360 degree view of the mountains, the strip and the downtown area. Maybe someone who has been there recently can weigh in on the quality of the food.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:24 AM

Delfrisco's Steakhouse was amazing. Very pricey, but definitely worth it.
Old Jul 27th, 2004, 11:48 AM
lvk

Of course you can't "be" the view, but you can't beat it either. duh!
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I will be sure to check them all out. We have a couple of days there before the actual anniversary day so we'll have time to have a look at each one.

Thanks again.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 08:41 AM

Soccergirl - I would suggest making a reservation now at one of these places. Then you can look around when you get there but you won't be out of luck if some places are booked.

My husband and I also really enjoyed Binion's Ranch Steak House and it suits our style perfectly ... but it definitely doesn't qualify as trendy ... very much an old fashioned upscale steak place.
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 11:16 AM

Would strongly suggest the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris. Request a table with a view of Bellagio's fountains- tell them it's your anniversary and call NOW. A little pricey, but food, service, and view are awesome, and perfect for an anniversary.
Congratulations! Jan