Search

Vegas....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:16 AM
John

Vegas....

We are going to be heading to Vegas in November. My wife and I were there three years ago, but this time we will be taking our teannage daughter with us.

What kinds of theme parks or attractions are there that would interest the teenager? I know things have changed and I've researched it a bit, but input of Fodorites also helps.

Also, how good is the shark tank (or whatever it's called) at Mandalay Bay?

Thanks.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 02:35 PM
sammie

Dont miss "O" at Bellagio, our teenage daughter was thrilled with the show. It is stupendous, dont let anyone tell you it is overpriced or overrated. There is nothing like this anywhere and a show like this will never go on tour.
The Bellagio is a show in itself- the Conservatory, the fountains, etc.
We also took our teen to the Stratosphere to see the American Superstar show. The show is entertaining and you can top it off with the trip to the observation tower. THe Stratosphere hotel itself is nothing and is in a bad area - but you will be OK if you take a cab. We also rode the roller coaster at NYNY. The Mandalay bay is a beautiful complex, we didnt see the shark tank.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 03:32 PM
thereuare

If you can't get tix to "O", i HIGHLY recommend tix to Mystere (the other show by Cirque du Soleil).

Also, don't miss the volcano at the Mirage, white tigers at the mirage, and the fountains at the Bellagio.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 03:34 AM
xxx

Even though it is kind of hokey...dont miss the pirate show at Treasure Island. Just be careful...according to locals is the worst place on strip for pick pockets.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 08:20 AM
krista

the Shark Reef at Mandalay is only *ok* not much comment from us & i think it was sort of pricey; but that is truly our favorite hotel. They close the big wave pool/lazy river in the fall sometime but some of their other pools remain open. Take your daughter to the Forum Shops at Ceasers and Desert Passage at Aladdin. Vegas isn't ideal for teenagers but first time visit will still be fun for her.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 09:36 AM
melinda

"O" is something she will remember for a lifetime or Mystere coming in second. She will like the fountains at Bellagio and all the clothing name brand shops everywhere. Check lvol.com and cheapovegas.com for great info. Have a great time. It will be cool then and the MGM theme park will be closed. It was closed when we were there in July for some reason.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 11:24 AM
Joan

Be sure to send your wife and daughter to the Desert Passage shopping complex next to the Aladdin. VERY expensive stores, dozens and dozens of them...fun to look through for women. Best shopping in LV along with Caesar's Forum Shops and the Mall (which I find very generic)