Reload this Page >

Vancouver to Anchorage

Search

Vancouver to Anchorage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 02:28 AM
lleblanc

Vancouver to Anchorage

We are planning a June cruise in Alaska using free air miles tickets to fly to Anchorage. Air miles package requires us to fly in and out of the same airport. The cruise will end in Vancouver. What is the cheapest way to get back to Anchorage?

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 07:55 PM
tina

The most inexpensive way is probably by trailways bus. Another thing to check out is to take the train. Go to the Via Rail website but I don't know that the train makes it into Anchorage. Be sure to plan a day or two in Vancouver. It is a nice city and the exchange allows for luxury at an affordable price.

To start getting FF miles while you surf the internet Email me for details.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Brian

I am not sure about the fare from Vancouver, but the bus fares from Seattle to Anchorage are about $325. This requires the pruchase of two separate tickets. The first on Greyhound from Seattle to Whitehorse is about $125 and the second, from Whitehorse to Anchorage was $202 last year.

The cheapest air fare from Vancouver to Anchorage is about $C527. Note however that the cheapest air fare from Seattle to Anchorage (delta, United, Alaska) is $222 for an evening flight only.

I hope that this helps
Travel by bus will require at least 2 overnight stops (Whitehorse and Beaver Creek) and preferably more

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 06:14 PM
rqf

Have you considered flying in and out of
Seattle or Vancouver and taking a cruise that begins and ends in Vancouver. There were such cruises last year so I assume they will be offered this year.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 04:19 AM
GOL

Can you change your ff to stop in Seattle? Go from home airport to (connecting in) Seattle to Anchorage (most airlines that go to Anc also fly to-from Seattle).

Then, on your return, don't use the ANC-SeA portion.

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 07:56 AM
John

Please note the original post is over 2 years old.

This is a common problem; connections between BC and Alaska are really difficult and expensive. Seattle remains the only effective air gateway.