Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any comments on the Wyndham Hotel in NYC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 1999, 11:07 AM
Dan

Can anyone tell me about the Wyndham Hotel on 58th street, New York City?
It's between 5th and 6th Avenues. Is this a good location to see most tourist attractions? Close to shops and eateries?
Thankyou.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 10:10 AM
Jamie

Hi Dan...I think this is one of the best values in NYC and stay there often. Location can't be beat. It's not slick and modern but homey & comfortable. Rooms are large & a Jr. Suite (living room, bedroom and kitchenette - no stove) can be had for less than most tiny rooms. Front rooms are lighter but noisier so ask for the back if you're a light sleeper. No room service & a tiny bit shabby but it feels warm & safe & is our favorite place to stay. Have fun.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 03:19 PM
steve

Some people I know swear by the Wyndham others have been very unenthusiastic about it. I'm somewhere in the middle. The location is good- near shopping, Central Park etc. It is very old fashioned-which can be okay, however I found the beds to be lumpy and quite uncomfortable. There are virtually no amenities(no shampoo, hair dryer, remote control). BUT....the price is great for such a nice location.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 10:49 AM
upsydaisy

upupupupupupupupupupu for Rose!

Old Feb 27th, 2001, 08:08 AM
Chris

If you want cozy, apartment-like, old-fashioned, it can't be beat. Huge rooms, charmingly decorated. An elevator man. No amenities, tiny lobby. Excellent price. Do NOT take a room facing the street -- no view, very noisy, trash trucks and laundry trucks for the Essex House all night long. An inside "air shaft" room is peaceful and cozy.