Vail or Beaver Creek

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vail or Beaver Creek

Can anyone help us decide on whether to stay in Vail or Beaver Creek. Any insight on the differences between these two towns would be greatly appreciated. Also, how far apart are they? Can you drive easily from one to the other? How about at night? Any problems with the roads icing over when trying to get from one to the other?

Thanks!
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 08:12 AM

They are just minutes apart about 10. It is an easy drive between the two and shuttles run as well. Typically the roads are fine. Which to stay really depends on your interests. When are you coming? Vail offers more night life, Beaver Creek is a great mountain with fewer crowds.
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 09:10 PM

We like to go to that area for a week. We stay in the Lionshead area of Vail so we can walk to the gondola. There's much more going on in Vail at night.

We ski two days at Vail, two at Beaver Creek and two moe at Vail. It gives us the sense of more variety, and we leave our skis at Beaver Creek overnight, so we don't have to tote them.
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 01:11 PM

I've only been to the area in the summertime -- every summer for the last six years. I prefer Vail. It's lively and charming and has great restaurants. A wonderful walking town. That said, the traffic noise from I70 is awful and, since there's no air-conditioning in the Vail Valley, you have to keep your windows open. Makes it hard to sleep. Beaver Creek is far away from the intertate and much quieter. but I think it's also more boring. Just my opinion.
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 03:30 PM
dcespedes

Hi there--we stayed at the Vail Cascade Hotel which is not in Vail Village but a short walk, bike ride away along a beautiful path (the hotel rents bikes)--we loved it and would stay there again. While in Vail we visited Beaver Creek which is also beautiful, and an easy drive, but if I had to choose between the two it would be Vail--it has a certain old world, european charm that can't be beat. Enjoy a great trip!