Vail- I need house for rent!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give me suggestions, Im 21 years old and Im going to spend my summer university holidays working in Vail. I will be woring at Vail resorts from 1st Dec 2005 to end of Feb 2006. I just need an affordable house to rent ( for me and 5 more friends. I will work with the J1 Visa. My problem is that I haven`t found any aparment or house for rent from December to Febraury.
Please help me... Thanks!
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Check with the Vail Chamber of Commerce. It should have some ideas for affordable short term employee housing. Vail Resorts may also be able to prvoide you some help in your search. The Vail Daily is the local newspaper, and it has ads for rentals.

Are you the same Gato that was a ski instructor last season at Heavenly in Lake Tahoe?
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 02:10 PM

Check out www.vrbo.com You might have a hard time finding anything over the Christmas holidays.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 03:19 PM

you may also want to check 'down valley' near Edwards for housing.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 04:54 PM

I think Minturn might be an option; I know that some people actually commute from (brrrr) Leadville to work at Vail.
Old Oct 4th, 2005, 07:46 PM

hey hey now sylvia. lets not be saying leadville is too cold. where else can you sunbathe in a half igloo in jan? and any time you need warming up there is The Grill - best mexican food in colorado. not to mention numerous servers of libation to warm to spirit.
seriously though, gato, you should try an ad in the vail newpaper. or the commute from dillon or frisco might be easier for you than from leadville, as you would travel battle mtn. pass and its - - well a scary road in storms. vail pass goes between dillon/frisco/copper mtn and is much better road and better maintained because they really HAVE to get skiers in and out. work fast. be flexible. dec-feb is prime time in this area but i think you will find it worth it.
where are you from?