Notices

Vacationing in Nova Scotia

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 12:01 AM
Sue

Vacationing in Nova Scotia

My husband & I will be in, Nova Scotia 7/19 for 6 days. Any suggestions on how to make the most of our time including suggestions on where to stay and what to do woulsd be appreciated.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 05:20 AM
Angela

I can't make suggestions, but check out the prov's site at: http://TTG.SBA.Dal.Ca/nstour/ They also have a 1-800 # to send for info, might be on the site.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 05:26 AM
jgriffin

I highly recommend the Blomidon Inn in Wolfville. Food and accommodations are wonderful. Don't miss Peggy's Cove. Take your time and drive the coasts. It's beautiful.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 06:06 AM
shayne

As you probably know, Nova Scotia, for tourism purposes, has been divided into a series of driving "routes". In six days you should be able to cover at least part of 2 of the routes. I highly recommend the Lighthouse Route, also known as the South Shore. There are a lot of artisans in the small towns along the route, and both the scenery and the food are wonderful. We stayed in the town of Mahone Bay, which is a great place to base yourself. I recommend The Manse B & B in Mahone, but there are numerous other B & B's in the area. Nova Scotia tourism has a reservation service and can help you out. Don't miss Mimi's Ocean Grill for lunch or dinner in Mahone. The town of Lunenberg is also very pretty, with good places to eat and to stay. You can also go whale watching from various towns along the South Shore. The Nova Scotia tourism bureau has a great guide and can give you any other information that you need at 1-800-565-0000. Have fun!

Old Feb 2nd, 1999, 06:11 AM
Ron Nelson

Check out http://destination-ns.com for travel infomation on Nova Scotia.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 07:11 AM
Heather

You will definitely enjoy your time in Nova Scotia. I strongly suggest checking out the Cabot Trail, its very scenic. you will also find the people very friendly. Fortress Louisbourg is not far from Sydney on Cabe Breton Island and is fun if you are into history at all. Baddeck is a beautiful little town, with lots of shops, lobster suppers and the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. There are plenty of places where you can check out a Ceidlh, with traditional fiddlers & dancers.... loads of fun! ENjoy! I'm heading out there as well again this June, perhaps I'll pass you on the trails!