Vacationing in Florida in mid Nov

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacationing in Florida in mid Nov

My husband and I are planning a 10 days trip to Florida. Any recommendations (other than Disney World & Universal Studio) as where we should visit as the first timers and how should we spend this 10 days? Also, if you have recommendation on hotels, we'd love to hear from you. Thanks.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 03:54 PM

Icfdublin,
Have you already made your plane reservations or are you driving into FL? It would be helpful to know where you are starting. FL is a big state. Do you like a more quiet, laid back area or are you into nightlife, big city areas? Answering these questions will help us give you recommendations.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 08:45 PM

The Florida Keys! limetreebayresort.com at Long Key (reasonable and nice).
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM

I think if you are going to only one area in Florida, definitely make it the Keys. I would fly to Miami and rent a car so you can make the drive all the way down to Key West, from Key Largo at mile marker 125 to Key West at mile marker 0. You could stop about halfway down and spend a few nights at the Moorings onay in one of the bed-and-breakfasts in Key West (many recommendations on this board & elsewhere) or at a spot along the way that catches your fancy. T
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:48 PM

Sorry, my message got screwed up. Stay at the Moorings Village Resort on Islamorada (mile marker 82) for a few nights, then drive down to Key West and stay there, too. The Keys are a world of their own and very unique and unforgettable. The Moorings has a unique, old-Florida atmosphere, and Key West is a blast.