Search

Vacation Village at Bonaventure, Weston

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacation Village at Bonaventure, Weston

Hi,

We're going to Vacation Village at Bonaventure in Weston on July 5th. We have a reservation to stay @ the Holiday Inn in Key West one night while we're there. We have 2 kids, a girl 15 & a boy 12. Anything anyone can suggest in Southern Florida?

Thanks.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 02:41 AM

Would love to find out, although we're going anyway, how your trip is. We also booked for the following week. I see no one replied to you and you posted in April...hmmmm?
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

We have a bunch of things planned....kids are going to swim with dolphins, we're doing an overnight to Key West....so it should be a lot of fun.....hope you have a great trip......
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 07:33 AM
GoTravel

tjw, search "South Florida" instead of southern Florida.

Lots to do in that area.

Plan on taking the entire day to drive to Key West. Throw on your bathing suits, take some beach towels, fill a cooler with snacks and drinks and stop a lot on the way to Key West.

Don't even think about speeding. It will take you a minimum of four hours to get there and longer in bad traffic.

Stop around MM 80 in Islamordad at Robbies and feed the tarpon.

Old Jun 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM

Hello! Here are my two cents:
As far as your drive to the Keys, if possible try to avoid the 4th of july weekend unless you want to add an hour to your drive. The crowds/traffic around the Tiki Bar in Isla Morada get really unbearable. You might want to check out John Pennekamp for snorkling if you into that, although it might take a big chunk of your time. Your kids might get a kick out of renting scooters or some buggies to check out downtone Key west.
As far as the Weston portion of your trip, I'm not familiar with the Vacation Village, so I can't comment on that. If you want to spend some time shopping you'll be very close to Sawgrass Mills Mall which has several restaurants, Wannadoo city(your 12 year old might enjoy this) Movie theaters, etc. As far as regular tourist attractions, you could check out Parrot Jungle Island, the Miami Seaquarium. If you want some beach time count on at least a 35-40 minute drive. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Enjoy!!
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.....a friend suggested using Card Sound Road to go to Key West, but it appears 1 is a more direct route.....is it worth it? As for Key West, we're not going there until the 9th so we'll miss the 4th...thanks for the suggestion....
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 12:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not sure why you're staying in Weston.

That's a good 1/2 hour to the beach.

On the other hand, one of my favorite Italian restaurants is in the Weston Town Center. Tarantella.

It's about 15 minutes from our house.

And yes, Sawgrass Mills Mall is about 15 minutes from Weston. Max.

I'm right across the street from there as I write this.
Old Jul 1st, 2008, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. we're in Weston due to a time share trade.... we'll have to give Tarantella a shot!