Vacation recommendations:

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all - this is my first post here. My husband, myself and our two boys (ages 5 and 2) would like to take a vacation sometime in Feb. of next year and we're looking for recommendations based on the following:
#1 Warm , beach location
#2 A hotel/resort that has a kids club for BOTH the kids (hey, we need some rest too!
#3 We love tennis as well.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! We'd like to do Hawaii but their state law won't allow our 2 year old into any of their kids clubs
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:42 PM

The two year old will be a problem as most kids clubs have higher age limits. W/that in mind, I would start looking there. You might also try the Caribbean board...
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:54 PM

You might want to post your budget b/c that may help with suggestions.

I think based on your criteria, a resort south of Tampa (due to temp.) or somewhere in the Caribbean would fit the bill. The Ritz Carlton in Naples is great. There are actually two- a Ritz Carlton Golf Resort that has shuttles to the Beach Resort, and a Ritz Carlton Beach club. The former is less expensive than the beach club. The beach club gets high marks for their kids club, although i don't know if the 2 year old would be too young.

As far as the Caribbean, Aruba might work well with your criteria. Turks and Caicos has the Beaches resort, which has a kids club. However, the water might be too cold in February. Jamaica may be another consideration as their are plenty of all inclusive style resorts that have kids club. I've heard a lot of people speak highly of the FDR in Jamaica and the Wyndham Rose Hall.

You might want to post this on the Caribbean board for further suggestions.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 01:01 PM

Sarasota Surf And Racquet Club is a great place on Siesta Key in Sarasota Florida. Only draw back is no kids club. They are condos, with living room between the two bedrooms and right on the powder soft white sand. Check out Siesta Key on line and see if there are other resorts there that have a kids club. It is a wonderful area.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:27 PM

I believe that Florida has a law that kids have to be 4 for kids' clubs.

Look at Club Meds outside the US as well as the Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos. I haven't been to these places but they get brought up regularly on the Carribean board as being toddler friendly.

You might also consider bringing a nanny or sitter from home.