Vacation Package Deals on Expedia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking of booking a air/hotel package from expedia for Hawaii in September. Will stay 7 days in Oahu. Has anyone ever booked a package from expedia and what was your hotel experience like. Please share your pro and cons. Thanks in advance
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 04:40 PM

I used www.hawaiivisitorcenter.com. You can choose your flight(if you want to book it through them), and then choose where you want to stay. You check out photos of each resort before comitting. You fill out the info, and you'll have a quote within seconds! I asked them a ton of questions and they were extremly helpful. I really researched everything (for months) planning the trip, and spent many hours mixing and matching resorts. We did 2 islands, and HVC was a pleasure to work with! We stayed at Aston Kaanapali Villas(Maui)for 5 nights (5th night was free!), and the resort was great. Then to Kauai at Aston Poipu Kai condos. 5th night free. Again nice condo. Give HVC a look at--and be sure to let me know what you think of their services. I got 10 nights lodging at above condos, interisland airfare, and a convertible on each island for a grand total of $2200! I booked our flight through UAL on my own. Right now UAL has Grand Rapids, Michigan to Honolulu R/T for $458!!We had no problems at all with any of part of our trip! Definitely compare expedia with HVC.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 01:23 PM

Aloha chimmi,

I have booked hotel stays through Expedia for Hawaii and have had good experiences with the booking aspect of the stay, but variable experiences with the hotel/resort quality.

Suggest you inquire here further about the specific, hotel property you're considering, and also to read available reviews @ www.tripadvisor.com

Have found Oahu Revealed guidebook to most helpful on our visits there, link:www.wizardpub.com
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 01:35 PM

Do your homework on rates.

Altho not Hawaii, I work pt at a hotel, and some guests find that they paid online booking companies MORE than our rack rate.

Buyer beware.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 04:08 PM

agree w/ rb -- do your homework and break down the costs. Go directly to the hotel website and airline websites. That'll let you know if you're truly getting a good deal.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 07:56 PM

I have booked several trips through Expedia and have found the rates very competitive or cheaper than booking separately. Just returned from San Francisco and the price per person for air and 4 star hotel was only slightly more than air only on all other sites. Booked a trip to Rome last year and was a little nervous, but all worked out great. Cost was cheaper, too. It seems that they often show rooms available when the direct websites do not. The only thing is that they charge your credit card immediately upon booking, but it hasn't caused a problem for me. You can also talk to them by phone and they have been very helpful and professional. Don't know about Hawaii, though, and would be interested in knowing what you find out. I'll second reading hotel reviews from Tripadvisor as well as Fodor's and Frommer's-too many negative comments make me leery.

Good luck!