Notices

Vacation Ideas

Old Mar 25th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacation Ideas

Hi, my husband and I have a week in June for vacation and a moderate budget to work with. I have no idea where we should go this year. We love beaches, but are thinking that maybe a non-beach destination is in order since we went to the Keys the past 2 yrs. But we're open if a great beach idea comes up. Any good ideas???? (US only please)
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:00 PM

Okay... a moderately priced US vacation in June. If you wouldn't mind telling what you're especially interested, I might have a destination in mind.

If you like natural scenery, gardens, architecture, and the visual and performing arts, I definitely have a place in mind for you -- it even has a small beach on a large lake. Sound good? If so, let me know if all of this is your cup of tea.
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 05:02 AM

On a moderate budget I would consider using priceline to book the hotel or resort. We've done this many times with great success. You can get great places at half the cost. We've had luck in several major US cities (DC, Phillie, Boston, NYC) and also with resorts in Tucson and Scottsdale. Look at biddingfortravel.com to get some ideas.

Where are you travelling from? Do you have any general locale preference?
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 06:08 AM
GoTravel

Summer is considered off season for South Florida. Agree with the priceline suggestion. You should be able to get a good deal.

Old Mar 26th, 2003, 07:02 AM

Early June is not yet the peak season in the Carolinas. Perhaps Charleston to see the wonderful sights and a condo at nearby Isle of Palms for the beach. Lots of Civil War and Pre-Civil War history there. Fascinating architecture.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 11:18 AM
GoTravel

SaraLou, early June is peak in Charleston. The Spoleto Festival is then and doubtful you could find a room.