Vacation house rental in Palm Springs or Palm Desert

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A group of ladies is planning a getaway to Palm Springs/Palm Desert next March and want to rent a house. Prefer 3 bedrooms, but definitely want a private pool and spa set-up. I've checked listings on various internet sites, like vrbo and vacationrentals, and have some candidates. However, we're leery of relying entirely on these listings. So I'm wondering if any of my fellow fodorites has rented a house that you'd recommend. Or a local agency that could help us find the right house. Thanks, Ruth
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 12:11 PM

Here is a good agency to try - they handle most types of rentals. We used them in the past and were happy with the accommodations they had. http://www.desertresortrentals.com/
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM

The townhouse I own in Palm Desert is managed through 1st Team Becker and Becker. (This is not an advertisement for me or 1st Team).

They have many properties listed in various country clubs--at least that would be a starting point.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 12:40 PM

We're booked into a 3-bedroom house with pool and spa, Palm Springs, in a couple months' time, Ruth. Of course, I cannot tell you if it was ok yet, so I won't disclose the location. But I booked directly with the owner (it was advertised on vrbo) and all seems to be fine. I hope!
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I'll check out both desertrentals and becker and becker. Wildblueyonder, I'd love to know what your experience was after you stay in the house.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:21 PM

Dear RuthMc,

why don't you rent my house? You can find it at McLean rentals (www.ps4rent.com). it's called the "house of zen." it has 3 bedrooms and each has it's own bathroom.

We just redid the pool and spa and the backyard borders on a triple fairway of a golf course (but it's not in a gated golf community) so there is LOTS of privacy.

The other great thing about the house is that it's an easy walk to El Paseo. of course, the walk back i uphill...

I'm leaving tomorrow night for my annual getaway with friends.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Broke my arm the night after I posted this message and forgot about it until now. Queenofzen, your house looks lovely, but now some husbands are joining us for a few nights, so we need a queen or larger bed in each of 3 bedrooms, twins won't work.

Couldn't find what we want at desertresortrentals (we want a private home with its own non-shared pool and spa)or thru Becker or Jeffries Associates. One problem is that homeowners (understandably) want to wait for longer than a 1 week rental. Only a couple vrbo owners even bothered to respond. We have a couple candidates, but I thought I'd check again. Thanks.
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:23 AM

Private renters have to pay a hotel tax when they rent their homes (or they are supposed to) so they don't rent for short periods. Most of the private homes here are seasonal rentals. You may have to give up the idea of a private house for a short term rental.
Old May 19th, 2008, 10:46 AM

Renting a private home for a week or a long weekend is very common.

However March is a peak rental period so many places that may normally be rented weekly are booked a year in advance. You are wise to get an early start.

Have you tried contacting ps4rent.com?

They have many listings.
Old Jun 5th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Have booked a house thru McLean Realty, ps4rent.com. Now wait and see.
Old Jun 7th, 2008, 08:07 AM

actually mlgb, the new city hall government is cracking down on weekend party houses. It has been front page news in the Desert Sun numerous times this last year. Most condo Home Owner's Assc. no longer allow for less than 6 weeks rental. RuthMc, the suggestion that you check out www.ps4rent.com is a good one.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 10:47 AM

Nevisian, looks like Ruth was able to find a private home.
Old Jun 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Ruth, several of my friends live there (not too far from me in S. Calif.) Would you like their contact info so you can have them do some searching for you? I'm sure they'd be willing to help you.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, but we have rented a house. Really appreciate all the help I get thru this forum.