Using MARTA in Atlanta

Search

Using MARTA in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using MARTA in Atlanta

This should be so easy, but I'm completely drawing a blank. We land at Hartsfield at 11 AM and are going to the station in Avondale I need to give Enterprise Car Rental a time to pick us up and, even though the schedules are pretty much cut and dried, I feel like a complete doofus stumbling around trying to come up with a fairly accurate time.
Please help and thanks so much for your assistance!!
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM

I'd give it 20 minutes to get to the train, 20 minutes to Five Points and then another 20 minutes to Avondale. Then I'd probably add 10-15 minutes extra for a reasonable estimate.

But I'd tell Enterprise you'll give them a call when you get to Five Points.
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
FAQ -
http://www.itsmarta.com/using-marta-faq.aspx
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM

According to this, it's 31 to 51 minutes from the airport to the Avondale station -
http://martaguide.com/2010/06/01/avo...marta-station/
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your help - it's really appreciated!!
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM

dont understand why you dont rent the car at the airport--itd be much easier
Old Mar 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM

She's probably saving a lot of money by renting it at a location other than the airport. One MARTA ride may = big savings in $$$.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 06:43 AM

Starrs your probably right, but Im at the point in my life (65) where shlepping bags around just isnt worth the few bucks you save--plus all the time lost,and possible added stress about meeting up just me i guess
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 08:08 AM

Maybe.
But maybe it's more than just a few bucks.
Maybe they aren't shlepping bags.
Maybe there's stuff we don't know.

I do know you can save a LOT of money by not paying airport fees and a lot of savvy travelers make that choice.

Different strokes for different folks...at different times under different circumstances.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

If at all possible we want to avoid driving through Atlanta at lunch hour. We're not big into driving at all, so dealing with their traffic doesn't work well for us. Besides, we'd be WAY stressed worrying about getting stuck in a traffic jam (or accident) on our way back to the airport when leaving.

And you're right, starrs. Packing light and the rental price of cars using off-airport facilities saves us about 30+ dollars. I spoke to a gentleman at Enterprise who said it would be no problem to, of course, pick us up at Avondale stop but also to take us back on the way out.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM

I had a friend who lived near Northlake (not too far from Avondale) who rented from Enterprise all the time for weekend trips. He raved about their politeness and helpfulness. I think most of Enterprise rentals are by locals and they operate a bit differently than rental agencies at the airport. I've had an Enterprise rental when my car was in the shop (paid for by insurance). My only negative was that they don't clean the cars as thoroughly between rentals. That's based on only about 3 rentals over the years so may not be valid now and/or at every location. Just know that they do have other cars on the lot (although not many) so if you don't like the 1st car they assign to you, ask to see another option.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks starrs, I'll keep that info in mind.

It just seems so much easier to sit back on Marta and not have to deal with the traffic - especially when we're heading back to the airport on a weekday morning and on more of a time line.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM

I think it's a great plan, ccolor. Especially if Enterprise is picking you up and taking you back to the station.

Enjoy your trip!