Search

US Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 04:09 AM
karen

US Travel

Hi,

I'm hoping to go travelling round the states next year for a couple of months. Anyone got any tips?? Going alone, so any advice will be appreciated!
Thanks

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 05:26 AM
hello

Where are you coming from? What are you interested in seeing?

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 07:55 AM
travellyn

Also, what time of year and how old are you? If you're pretty young and on a budget, you may like "Let's Go USA".

If you are okay with camping some of the time, I'd say rent a small car that gets 40 miles per gallon or so, and take a tent. No reservations needed if you do it this way.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Sara

I once purchased a "big coffee table" book that is all about scenic drives in the US and is divided by region. Someday when I retire, I am going to get in my car and drive around the country like you plan to do. If you can find such a book online or in the library, it is a great place to start. The one I have has side routes, things to see, festivals and special goings-on throughout the year as well as great glossy photos for each scenic drive.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 06:42 AM
SA

I did something like that last summer & I would suggest the SW, Az & NM. It's great for hiking & getting back to nature which was my goal. Give us some ideas & we'll make some suggestions. Are you wanting the outdoors, history ?? The Blue Ridge Parkway to the Natchez Trace would be another fun trip.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:05 AM
Hobo Bob

Karen. A bit more info please...
1) How old are you?
2) Where are you coming from?
3) What are your interests? (likes/dislikes)
4) What kind of budget will you be on?