Universal studios/Orlando

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are going to Orlando this March for several days with my 8 year old granddaughter. She has been to sea world numerous times and to Disney. I live out of state so I wanted to make her trip special. She is not interested in rides to much does not care for heights. Does Universal have enough to entertain if she does not go on rides? I am wondering if it is a good choice. I was on there web site and I see a lot of rides. She has also been to animal Kingdom. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:56 AM

The Universal Studios park instead of the Universal Islands of Adventure might be a better bet.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 11:30 AM

What about Epcot? There are a few rides, but also an aquarium and some hands on museum like areas. If she is an adventurous eater, you could sample new foods in the "countries" or even just have fun trying new candies.

You could go to Downtown Disney to eat and play at the Lego store.

Or what about swimming with dolphins?
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 11:41 AM

I have to put in a good word for Universal Studios. We took our pre-teen sons there several years ago. We did not realize there were 2 different parks, and our tickets were only good for one or the other. One has the roller coasters and scarier rides, which our sons were interested in, and the other has rides geared more toward younger kids. Of course, we went in the wrong park. We sat through one of their stage shows and then decided we really needed to be in the other park. I went to their customer relations office and explained the situation, and they issued us tickets to change parks. We were very pleased with their customer service.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

SusanM,That is interesting they have 2 parks I did not know this and great they switched it for you.

I have been to Epcot and I love it but not sure about an 8 year old. I would guess it an option. I am letting her parents weigh in. I am even thinking of Kennedy space center. She loves some place Orlando called the "Upside down house." We were there with her before and usually asks to go there.

Lego store is good.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 03:46 PM

Epcot can be great for kids if you tackle it the correct way. It was always my favorite park as a child.
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Susan which park was more for younger kids?
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both of the Universal parks have things for younger kids. Islands of Adventure has the whole Seussland. However, Universal Studios would probably be better for younger children. Here is a link to a site that will tell you exactly what is in each park:
https://www.universalorlando.com/
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

I have returned from Universal with my family. We did purchase a 2 day ticket, one for each day for each park. You were all correct the Adventure one was more for older kids but it was our second day and we stayed from 9-3. Not sure if it was worth it, but she loved shooting people on rides with the water blasters. She loved the parks, and some boat we went on. She loved Jurassic Park exhibit! We spent a lot of time walking around but if she had fun it was worth it and she did. A lot of money for shooting water blasters as the highlight of her day, but what can a grandma do?? At least she was happy. The other side was great we opened that place and stayed till 4. That was better by far. Thanks.