Ubers on the Jersey Shore in summer?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2024, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - I am going to a wedding in June of this year. The wedding will be in Spring Lake, NJ. I am flying into Newark and wondering if I should get a rental car or take a car service from the airport to the hotel (Grand Victorian). If I take a car service to the Jersey shore, does anyone know if Uber use is prevalent at this time of year? I am not sure with traffic and crowds if I am safe relying on Uber. Just get me to the church on time. Thanks!
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YogaGrandma
Hello - I am going to a wedding in June of this year. The wedding will be in Spring Lake, NJ. I am flying into Newark and wondering if I should get a rental car or take a car service from the airport to the hotel (Grand Victorian). If I take a car service to the Jersey shore, does anyone know if Uber use is prevalent at this time of year? I am not sure with traffic and crowds if I am safe relying on Uber. Just get me to the church on time. Thanks!
Uber usage is prevalent at all times of the year from airports.

Newark to Spring Lake is about 60 miles and will take nearly and would take a bit over an hour by car (and cost $$$). I wasn't able to get an estimate on the cost of an Uber.

Renting a car is an option but I-95 can get crazy at times especially in the area of the airport.

There is another alternative - take the railroad from Newark International Airport station: https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Newark/Spring-Lake.

Using NJ Transit's North Jersey Coast Line train to Long Branch and then transferring to a Bay Head train to the Spring Lake station. Note that most trains end at Long Branch requiring a transfer to a Bay Head train. While Long Branch trains run at least one per hour (more often during rush hours), Bay Head trains run on a very limited schedule (sometimes as much as 2 hours between trains) as you will see on the timetables I linked to below.

You can probably get a local taxi service from there to the hotel.

Here is the current NJ Transit timetable for the NJ Coast Line (there will be newer timetables issued by June which may affect departure and arrival times - you can always check the latest ones from the NJ Transit site just before you leave home.

Weekday: https://content.njtransit.com/sites/...KDY-111223.pdf,
Weekend: https://content.njtransit.com/sites/...KND-111223.pdf

You've got plenty of time to work it all out. You might even call the hotel or email and ask them. I am sure they get questions like yours.

Good luck and congrats to the bridge and groom.

Last edited by nycguy10002; Jan 18th, 2024 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Just wanted to add a thought on renting a car