Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

U2 announces North American Tour for Fall...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! Another leg of the tour has just been announced and I am wondering what has been your luck with obtaining tickets? The first leg seemed to have sold out in record time so I am trying to figure out the best way to get some of the best seats( and I don't want to pay a scalper either.) The last time I saw them was on the PopMart tour which was not nearly as popular as the current one.
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 07:44 PM

shhhh....I got tix by logging onto Clear Channel's website (the promoter) at www.cc.com
That connects you into to ticketmaster via the 'back door'..worked for me..the show sold out in 8 minutes, but we got tix..give it a shot.
cheers,
cc
Old Mar 6th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Mizrahi

Hey ilove -
I'm not sure what your definition of a "scalper" is, but I bought my tickets on ebay- without the hassle of fighting the masses. I got GREAT seats for a minimal amount paid over the original ticket price.
We're actually going to see them in the Glendale Arena outside Phoenix just to make an actual trip out of it. (we're in LA Area)
It is truly the only way to get great seats . I never have seen a problem in paying for a service that saves you time and effort.
Good luck!

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I looked on clear channel's site and they appear to be associated with Ticketmaster. I also looked at ebay which varies from reasonable to ridiculous. Tickets for Houston and Dallas go on sale Sat. so I will see if my husband can get them through Ticketmaster. Otherwise I will try your suggested methods.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

We got our tickets yesterday for the Houston show! My husband was able to get them on the internet (phone lines were too SLOW!) We got some good seats too. Cannot wait until Oct. 28th.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 07:14 AM

According to the eBay discussion boards, there's at least one seller on eBay offering tix for a date that hasn't yet been announced (Dec 20, IIRC). BUT it's a reputable regular ticket seller; perhaps he knows something others don't. On eBay, feedback is everything.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 07:41 AM

Travel related?

Besides, why waste your money to see one of the least talented, the biggest pompous asses in the music business today?
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 07:53 AM
GoTravel

I think I'll skip that concert. Loved U2 until Bono thought is was neccessary to start politicing for John Kerry.

Uh, dude. At least become an American citizen before you start trying to tell Americans who they need to vote for.

That certainly frosted my butt.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Jayne1973

Dallas sold out in less than 10 minutes.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM

This hardly belongs in a travel forum (and not just because U2 hasn't been worth listening to since "War").
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

ok maybe not exactly travel related but it does involve travel to go to the show. And for those of you who are not crazy about U2 I am wondering why you opened the post to begin with. As you can see how many sold out shows U2 has on the current tour they have obviously stood the test of time.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 04:17 PM

ilovetulips,

I've been anticipating this tour since I heard in 2003 that they were working on a new album!

I joined the U2 fan cluu2.com)and was therefore offered the chance to buy tickets for the spring leg of the tour 4 days before they went on sale to the public.

I have great seats to the May 7 show in Chicago. My husband and I thought about seeing them again when they return in September, but decided to spend the money elsewhere.

We saw the Achtung Baby tour (was it called that?) and the All That You Can't Leave Behind tour (probably not called that -- poor memory!) They are so great to see live!

If you're interested I'll post a "trip report" of the highlights.
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 04:19 PM

Whoa! Apparently, typing the letter _b_ then a space and an open paren. results in that queasy looking guy!
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Hi Susan, thanks for your response! I originally inquired about tickets on the European board because we will be in Paris and Amsterdam in late May. Someone had posted there about trying to get tickets so I asked if other people were able to get tickets since all of their shows are sold out. Obviously some posters on the US board do not think it is an appropriate post. Anyway, I saw them on their PopMart Tour. It was not their most popular album to date but boy did they put on a show. I had been a fan of their music before but I was sold after I saw them live. I was so excited to find out they will be coming to Texas, but I would love to hear your report since our concert is not until October.