Search

Two days in Sedona

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two days in Sedona

We will be in Sedona for two days. It is our anniversary and we would like to do a Spa and a very romantic dinner. Please give us your recommendations!!!1
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 04:47 PM

we go to Sedona a couple times a year and we have done the high end..Enchantment Resort which is beyond stunning and the restaurant, Yavapai is excellent and the views of the red rock is incredible..romantic as well.
Sedona Rouge resort and spa is great and affordable with their spa services and the rooms are very Kimpton boutique.
I use expedia.com but do try direct.
Garland's Lodge get rave reviews.. we have not stayed at yet but hopefully this year..food is good too.
Elote Cafe is great Southwest cuisine.
Sedona is an incredible place.
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 09:16 PM

if you are going to pan for replies without responding to your first post is totally not acceptable.
so tacky..people work really hard to give you valuable info.
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Sorry about that /. I am not as experienced to the forums as you are. I did take your advice. and we will stay at the Enchantment Resort.. This is our first time in the S.W. and we do not want to miss anything.!!! I DO value info from all!!!
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 10:30 AM

All is forgiven..have a great time!
I saw that Enchantment was $225 a night on expedia.
Report Back!
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

I think we are paying 250.00 ..That is in our budget so all thus far is O.K. I failed to tell you we are going in May..Dress code is ?? I tend to overpack. The husband is lecturing already. We are going to be married 40 years and believe me this is the only thing we argue about. We have been traveling for many years and it is the same story. I like a little style not old fashion clothes. !!1My last name begins with CAT!!!
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 08:19 AM

Sedona is casual and is cooler than Phoenix.
$250 is such a great price for Enchantment!!
We have paid over $1k for a casita for the night and it is so worth it.
Have lunch at Yavapai at the resort with the floor to ceiling windows with the stunning red rock across the way.
When staying at the resort, you have access to Boynton Canyon and there is cave drawings and a great hike.
My wife tends to overpack too.
We'll be there in a couple of weeks but we are taking our dog, else we would be a the resort but they are very strict on animals.
Have a great time!
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

If it ok with you i would like to send my trip plans!! perhaps you can put in some ideas!!May 15th &16th scottsdale to see family.husbands!!! have not seen in YEARS... 17th &18 th Sedona !19th Williams To take the train to el tovar I do hope this is the right way to go .
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 08:24 AM

You don't say what type of unit you are staying in at the Enchantment Resort but I would recommend you look at the Studio Casita. It has a living area with a murphy bed, fireplace, well stocked kitchen and dining area, large bathroom, double sinks, granite countertops, large, large patio with a built in grill and table that looks out at the canyon walls that surround the resort. That room is amazing and the patio alone makes it worth it. We also stayed there in the winter when we could afford it. Watching the sunrise over those cliffs--pretty spectacular.

To curlyhair412: I would drive from Sedona to the Grand Canyon--the train ride doesn't get great reviews. The drive is beautiful, drive into(or out of) the Grand Canyon from the east entrance: Desert View Drive; stop at Grandview Point, Lipan Point and the Watchtower--great views
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

WE are going over a few packages!! I made a mistake stating the price 0f 250 . We are going over the Tranquility Package.!! It is the Casita and spa treatments everyday!! Margaret from reservations is so helpful!!! She says the views are spectacular .Thank you for the info on the train.. Getting excited now.. I feel less confused!! Again ,thanks to all of you Foderites XX
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 05:03 PM

Casita with spa treatments EVERYDAY...sooo jealous!
This is one of the most gorgeous resorts ever and mi amo spa is stellar.
Views are beyond unbelievable.
I am so excited for you!!
You will not want to leave the resort but if you do, try and dine Elote Cafe at the Kings Ransom Hotel for dinner.
The Church in the rocks is a site to see..plus, the gaudy house below is something too.
The vortex hikes along the Airport, Boynton Canyon, Bell rock have energy fields that produce good feelings that is hard to explain but you do feel a sense of well being and that all is well with the world.
What a great anniversary for you and your husband..please report back!
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

"'All is well with the world."..What a wonderful statement if we can all be a part of that. I am logging all this info. Reservations will be made this week for spa treatments !! Can not wait to just relax and enjoy my darling for our anniversary!! It is a special one ,however the secret to our marriage is to stay in a honeymoon mode .. Many people envy us and it is too bad for them . Every saturday nite is date night. My girls know not to bother us unless it is very ,very important. I like romance and romantic places.. I know Enchantment will be just superior.!!!1