Reload this Page >

Tucson, what to do with 4 kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Sarah

Anyone have any suggestions for a good vacational rental in/around tucson? I have 4 kids. Also in need of suggestions as to what to do. Will be there end of Feb.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 05:51 PM
kate

Ideas for things to do with the kids:
The Sonora Desert Museum
Old Tucson
Xaviers Mission
horseback riding in the foothills

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Mex

Drive into Nogales, Mexico. Also, try the Biosphere.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Merilee

Sarah, take them to see one of the funny shows at The Gaslight Theater. Afterwards, you can eat right next door at Little Anthony's which is a great 50's style restaurant that serves very good burgers, pizza, shakes, and sundaes. Another child friendly restaurant is Hidden Valley Inn which is reminiscent of the old west. They have an enormous hand carved miniatures display that depicts live in the old west. They serve very good ribs, burgers, steaks, etc. You can take a tram ride or hike through Sabino Canyon, visit Mission San Xavier del Bac, and the Desert Museum. You could also take a day trip to Tombstone of old west fame, or Bisbee, which is a very quaint old copper mining town.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Merilee

That's life in the old west, not live.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Katie

We visited our in-laws in Tuscon last March, with kids ages 12 & 8. One of the highlights of the trip was a visit to Sabino Canyon. There is a train/tram that stops all along the way, and you can get off/on anywhere. Kids loved it. The movie Blazing Saddles was filmed there in part. Beautiful scenery and photo opps. There's also a great restaurant near there but I can't remember the name of it, billed as a classic old west sort of place. Also, I second the person who said take a horseback ride in the foothills. We did a sunset ride and it was fantastic.

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Dick

You may want to consider Saguaro National PArk. They have Cacti that are 50 feet high and over 100 years old.

http://www.nps.gov/sagu/

Old Nov 13th, 2002, 03:03 PM
Cathy

We are just back from a long weekend in Tucson with our kids. Sabino Canyon was the highlight of our trip. Beautiful! We also did the Sonora Desert Museum, educational with lots of demos by curators.

Old Nov 14th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Kameha

Sarah - February is a busy time in Tucson, especially with the Gem and Mineral Show. It can be hard to find places to stay. Lots of great resorts/hotels. If you want a condo or house you should check on web through places like cyberrentals.com or 10kvacations.

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 08:26 PM
nina

Try Karchner Caverns.

I would not suggest Nogales. It is such an impoverished area. There's nothing much to see.