Reload this Page >

Tropical Strom in Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:38 PM
Amy

How bad is this tropical storm in florida? I'm going to Key West and the Tampa area the week after next. Do you think I will be effected by this storm? Thanks! Just getting a little parinoid.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:53 PM
xxx

Check with weather.com or the weather channel. Meteorologists we ain't.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 12:59 PM
callahead

Amy: www.weather.com - plug in your city

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 01:00 PM
amy

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 01:03 PM
OliveOyl

It's nothing. We are getting light rain.

What hit us last week was 50 times worse and was neither predicted nor named. There was no warning what-so-ever, and while out on the bay this past weekend we saw any number of sailboats that had broken their moorings or dragged their anchors and ended up 10 yds on shore.

At any rate, Barry is headed west toward LA or TX. and you'll be fine...unless we get another.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 01:06 PM
GOP

Amy: Your header was Tropical STROM - is Thurmond running for a seat in Florida now?

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 01:35 PM
x

Last I heard Strom's son was taking the old geezers place...

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:56 AM
1eyedgovernor

Ya know when you book a vacation to the Keys in prime hurricane season what do you expect???

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 07:40 AM
Laura

Amy,

I can understand that hearing "tropical storm" could unnerve you as you are not from Florida, but trust me it is really not that big of a deal... we get random ,unnamed storms that are much worse...

It's Florida expect rain... but unlike up north it will rain, and rain hard, but 20 minutes later the sun is out and the rain is forgotten

Have fun!

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 09:32 PM
xxx

how is it down there ?

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:57 AM
tiredofit

Gee x, watch the weather channel or CNN.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Notbuyingit

When you become a Florida resident do they make you sign an affidavit promising to tell visitors "It only rains for about 15 minutes and then the sun will come out". I don't know how many times Florida residents have said that to me while I was encountering my 2nd, 3rd of 4th day of solid rain. Just an observation.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:21 AM
Laura

I said it because for the most part it is true... but you are right I cannot guarantee this for all 365 days a year Having lived in Florida for 15 years its almost like clockwork that at 4pm the rain will come and I know when it's 4:30 because the sun is back out