Reload this Page >

Trip to Sedona worth it?

Search

Trip to Sedona worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 08:52 PM
Laura

Trip to Sedona worth it?

I'm going to be staying at the Boulders in Carefree, AZ, for 3 1/2 days in late May. My question is, is it worth the 2 hour trip to go to Sedona, or should we just stay at the resort? I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 09:03 PM
AZ Ted

Very well worth the trip. Weather will be a pleasant change of pace, scenery is much prettier than in Carefree (in a different way), and the trip up is low stress. It's a unique place. Consider staying a night at L'Auberge in one of the creekside cabins. Or make a dinner reservation there. If you like the Boulders, it should appeal to you. Stop at Tlaquepaque in Sedona (you'll drive past it in town).

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 12:35 AM
April

I a word Yes. I wouldn't miss Montezuma's Castle either.

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 05:32 AM
Al

To help make best use of your time, check the following web site:
sedonachamber.com Or telephone 1-800-288-7336 and ask the volunteer at the Sedona visitors' bureau to mail you their free booklet, "Experience Sedona."

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 03:15 PM
vicki

Sedona has a charm all its own. Worth the trip and you will see nice scenery along the way. If you like shopping, the previous advice is also right on target.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 04:51 PM
Barrie

Absolutely do not miss Sedona. On your way there, I recommend a side-trip to Jerome, a small copper-mining and artists' town built into the hillside. It's maybe a half hour (or less) before you get to Sedona. I've been to Arizona many times and have found prices on Southwest art to be better in Jerome than anywhere else in the state. They have great little shops there.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 03:38 PM
Valerie

Definately go to Sedona-and while you do-make sure to drive through Oak Creek Canyon-it is undescribable! Stay at the Canyon Villa bed and breakfast-great views of the red rocks-very friendly people! Another web site to try is www.sedona.net. There is a link there to the wonderful french restaurant in town.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 05:23 PM
kam

One more person urging you to visit Sedona. It's very special. We stayed at the Inn on Oak Creek and had a wonderful couple days. You can also do a daytrip to the south rim of the Grand Canyon from Sedona (about 2 hours).