Search

trip report - utah

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2005, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trip report - utah

It took me longer than usual, but I finally finished my page on our trip to Las Vegas, GC, and Utah back in October. I want to thank everybody who helped in the planning (especially Utahtea!).
We had a great time.

main home page:
http://www.travel.stv77.com/

this trip specifically:
http://www.travel.stv77.com/grand_ci...randcircle.htm
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 11:19 PM

SUPER EXCELLENT Trip Report!

Just thought I would mention that two of your links don't work. Red Rock Canyon and if you click on the Desert Pearl part of that link it doesn't work, but if you click on Inn it does work.

Utahtea
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:34 AM

Wow! What a wonderful report. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures. Your site is very well done.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Utahtea - thanks for the corrections.

Desert Pearl is already fixed, but "red rock canyon" works for me, although the site takes a long time to load.

You advice was also "SUPER EXCELLENT"!
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM

I'll second the "SUPER EXCELLENT"
comment. Wouldn't it be great to have a portfolio of this type of report for others to access here?

I was also interested in your wife's work with students on the internet, and will come back and contact you there.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 01:22 PM

Sssteve,
Thanks for a great trip report!! I’ve been waiting for it. And your web site is wonderful, I truly enjoyed reading about your other trips. Gave me some more ideas, not that I needed them
We will go to Utah in Sept this year, and our trip will be almost a carbon copy of yours. 2 weeks, same itinerary, but spending only 1 night each way in LV, then 2 in Bryce and 2 in Zion. We’ll stay at the Dreamkeeper Inn in Moab (what did you think of it?) and on a general note – did you feel rushed? Do you wish you had split your time differently?
I was not planning on driving the extra 44 miles to see the Needles overlook, but you seem to think it was worth it. Did you have a 4x4 or regular car? Do you think a 4x4 is necessary?
Thanks
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:44 PM

Hi Steve,

It does sound like you had a wonderful trip and the web site is great! I would also be interested to know how you liked the Dreamkeeper in Moab.

I've stayed with them many times over the years and have recommended them here often. The Inn changed hands at the end of October 2004 and I have not been down to Moab since.

Give us a review!
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

As for the dreamkeeper, we enjoyed it and Moab very much. It's for those who enjoy a "quiet" B&B... Our hosts were very helpful and we happened to meet the new owner (whose name I've forgotten) during her breakin period. She seemed very nice and intent on keeping the quality of the house in tact. I'm confident she will not let the standards go down.

As for our itinerary, our time was well split up. We never felt rushed. As for needles, the road to the overlook is a normal paved road. No need for a 4X4. No speed traps - the 44 M took exactly that - 44 minutes. The rest of the time was enjoying the view.

And...thanks for the compliments on the web site. It's been a hobby for several years. each trip gets its own unique page. Next trip - Portugal at the end of April.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 01:44 PM

An absolutely WONDERFUL report of your Utah trip! It is the best I have ever read. All Fodorites who want travel information should be directed to your site, it is very complete.

Along with everything else, I also loved the Needles drive. The scenery changes around every curve.

Please pardon my nitpicking, but I have to say that the reason you did not hear music driving through the Dixieland National Forest is because there is no "land". I think there is a reason for naming that area Dixie, but I can't remember. Warm weather, growing cotton, Civil War supporters?

I enjoyed your report very much.