trip report. oahu, kauai

Search

trip report. oahu, kauai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 09:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trip report. oahu, kauai

After reading the Fodor's guide to Oahu for months, and searching endless hours on Google and here scheduling, My wife and I had a wonderful honeymoon.

Day One: The horrendous flight to Hawaii had made me seriously consider ever flying here again will definitely be First Class. Myself being tall and having bad knees, the extra cash would definitely been worth it. When we got there I forgot to mark my bag, big mistake, I spent a few 30 minutes picking up weird bags, double checking other bags, Use Red or Blue tape(painter tape). We scheduled a taxi (star taxi) online for 30 bucks, and got to our hotel, the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel. Gotta say, it was a great hotel, Ocean front view.
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 09:59 PM
Original Poster

ok. no quick editing.... We checked in, and walked to Royal Hawaiian hotel to get a potent Mai Tai. After drinks, we ate at our hotel, Tiki Bar & Grill. Calimari,(squid) was surprisingly delicious. It had a nice view, and the setting was very casually romantic. Then pass out on the bed, around 8:00.

Day Two: We hiked Diamond Head, we had a tour guide, Oahu Nature Tours(http://oahunaturetours.com), I liked the added information he gave us. After our hike we went eat at LuLu's. The atmosphere was great, the food was ok, but the service was absolutely horrible. I would never eat there again, and would not recommend it. I watched other customers looking around for service too. I waited 15 minutes to just to get my change for the bill. After finally getting our change, we went shopping for some Hawaiian gear. We had a our romantic meal at the "3660 on the Rise." Very delicious. Very Excellent service. I will definitely eat there again, and highly recommend it.

Day Three: Manoa Falls Hike with Oahu Nature Tours. The tour guide was very knowledgeable, and the hike itself was beautiful. Later, We went to the supermarket, not to buy food, chips, or tampons, we got Mai tai mix and Rum. We went eat at Teddy's Burgers, and I Highly recommends
Old Jun 23rd, 2007, 11:00 PM
Original Poster

We went eat at Teddy's Burgers, and I Highly recommend eating here if you want a burger, skip booger king, or crapdonalds. Teddy's Burgers is definetly the place to eat a burger. We went to the Honolulu zoo, it was hot and all the animals were pretty much sleeping. The monkeys were having a ball though. That night, we ate pupu's and had drinks at the tiki bar & grill.

Day Four: Early morning flight to Kauai was for two things only. Zip-line and a helicopter tour. The zip-line was so much fun.(Kauai Back country adventures). The views were beautiful, and was exhilarating to soar across streams and mountainsides. We then took a helicopter tour(www.islandhelicopters.com). Very very beautiful. After we flew back to Oahu and ate at the Top of Waikiki restaurant. This place is more of a tourist trap then a place to eat. You might even get sick if start drinking too much, watching you slowly move around the restaurant. the food was sub par and expensive and I was very unimpressed. A cool hundred bucks was wasted here.

Day Five: We went to Iolani Palace. It was very interested to learn the history of Hawaii's past, and saddening to hear how horrible the U.S. treated them. Photography is not allowed inside. Next we got a couple's massage and hotstone at a place called Elements Spa & salon (http://www.elementshawaii.com/) It was kinda difficult to find the place, but we did find it. It was very relaxing, something we really needed after the stressful weeks prior to the vacation. There wasn't any views or stuff like that, it was just comfort and massage. I would visit again. We then left and ate at Teddy's Burgers again. so good. So so good.
Day Six: Early morning visit to Pearl harbor. Take the audio tour (4$), its interesting, and makes the visit to the memorial more worthwhile. After we went to the Aloha Stadium swap meet. Its worth the 50 cents. I got all our souvenirs that I wanted and wanted to get all in one place. There are a lot of places that have pretty much the same stuff, so you have to look around for that unique item. we hit the beach again and that night we ate noodles at a RUN restaurant. It was great eating noodles with chop sticks. Most of our nights were spent walking waikiki. The nights were so relaxing.

Day Seven: We woke up, and went eat at a cheap place called Galaxy Steakhouse. It was byfar the cheapest place we had ate at for our whole trip. I had steak and eggs, and my wife had pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Decent place. If you are low on cash, and on Kuhio street, galaxy steakhouse is the place to grub. Instead of renting a car, We rented a Hawaiian love bug instead. I wasn't in the mood to drive, but i did wanted to see the area, so it was an o.k. choice. We drove in upscale neighborhoods, and visited a very beautiful beach. i had my map, but i forgot the name of the beach. The water was so clear, and very very calm, and had only a few people there. We also visited Punchbowl Crater memorial. It was a pretty and solemn place. But remember, don't leave anything in your car. Someone stole (possibly a tourist) our Fodor's map of Oahu and my suntan lotion, but left my chips. That night we had our last meal at night in Hawaii at Hy's Steakhouse. Very upscale, expensive and the food was pretty good. I would recommend to order a dessert because they prepare it at the dinner table.

Day Eight: Our final day where we depart. We ate at Teddy's burgers one last time before we left, and headed to the airport.

My only regret is that i wish i had more time, then i would have probably rented a car and traveled to the east and possibly the north shore. I didn't follow my schedule to the T, so i did miss out on hanama bay and pali lookout.
here are the pictures of our trip.
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...20in%20hawaii/
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 08:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to share your report. Congratulations on the marriage and great honeymoon.
Old Jun 24th, 2007, 09:22 AM

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for sharing your report. I think it is pretty typical of a lot of trips to not do everything you thought you might, but those left over things go on the list for next time