Reload this Page >

Trilogy trip to Lanai

Search

Trilogy trip to Lanai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 05:39 AM
Ted

Trilogy trip to Lanai

I have read alot of very positive posts regarding this tour on this forum until very recently. Now I'm not so sure.

Is this trip really worth the money, and which specific tour did you do??? I went on their website and it looks like they have 3.
Original tour, sunset tour, and the ultimate which is the most expensive, but includes a jeep tour.

If you do not recommend this tour, what do you recommend in its place??? Are you better off splitting into two tours, one for snorkeling, and possibly one dinner cruise????

Old Nov 12th, 2000, 09:30 PM
Barbara

We went on the Trilogy sunset cruise in August this year. It was wonderful. The crew were extremely helpful and capable. The food was very good and there was plenty! Trilogy tends to get booked up quickly, so if you decide to go with them I would suggest you book before you leave home to ensure getting the date you want.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 07:52 AM
lisa

We did the original tour in October of this year. It included a van tour of the island. We enjoyed the whole day. It was a lot of fun. The crew was great and the food was good. However, the snorkeling was not good at all the day we were there. In fact, I only saw 2 fish. The snorkeling was actually better in front of our hotel on Maui. But maybe that was an anomaly. To me, the best parts of the day were the boat rides to and from -- we saw spinner dolphins and flying fish on the way back. The island of Lanai itself is nothing special, but it was nice to talk to our Hawaiian guide about life on the island and get her perspective on its history and all the recent changes. At any rate, I was glad we went, but it is pretty expensive. While we enjoyed doing it once, I don't think I would do it again.

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 12:11 PM
kristen

What is their website? We are going to Maui in May for our honeymoon, and this may be something we'd want to check out.

Thanks!

Old Nov 13th, 2000, 12:33 PM
Marie

The website is www.sailtrilogy.com