Notices

Tribeca Film Festival 2013

Apr 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Tribeca Film Festival 2013

Who else is going? I got my single tickets mostly at the Box Office today. The procedure this year is terrible but there is plenty of opportunity to bond in the line with others who are waiting. If you can afford the surcharges, order on line. MOMA also has a terrific film festival this month.

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/expl...mar-touch.html
Apr 24th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

So, I've seen the shorts group Character Witness -- really good - especially the one about Wilt Chamberlain's time as a bus boy in the Catskills and last night I saw the one about the comedienne Moms Mabley Oh I also saw Dancing in Jaffa where Pierre Dulaine gets Israeli Palestineans and Jewish children to ballroom dance with each other.

5 more to go.

Who else has seen anything
Apr 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the info.

Thin
Apr 26th, 2013, 04:19 PM

"You are right. Organization is terrible this year but the selection is impressive. And sure! MOMA film festival this month is AWESOME! And actually even for the MOMA festival tickets are sold out for most the exhibits. What are you guys watching this time? I heard great comments of all the movies. Even for Lil Bub & Friendz a silly cat story sounds great to see on Sunday. Alberi and Alias Rubi blade are kind of interesting to me. There are releases of new films from famous directors.
Before Midnight is for instance one of them. Have you seen it?
"
Apr 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM

We really enjoyed "Herblock - The Black & The White" on Saturday. Unfortunately, it was all we could squeeze in on a quick weekend trip.
Apr 29th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

I was there for Herblock too and it was outstanding. I hope it gets a wider audience soon. (His cartoons were not in my local paper while growing up so it was quite an education for me)
Apr 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM

Me too, Sue. And I thought the film-makers did such a great job bringing his drawings to life.

Unfortunately, we were running late for a dinner res, so had to duck out before the Q&A.
May 2nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Long films I saw to look out for (shorts coming soon)

http://thestarryeye.typepad.com/expl...reviews-1.html

Search this Thread