Reload this Page >

Travelling to Kauai with golf clubs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 07:57 AM
MikeS

Has anybody travelled to Hawaii with thier golf clubs. I'm considering taking them from the east coast to Hawaii. For those with experience would it be too much of a hassle ? I'm going to Kauai with a stop over in Honolulu. Also any recommendations of which courses you liked the best on Kauai. Thank YOU !!!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 09:07 AM
aimee

Speaking for my husband... it wasn't a hassle at all. Well worth it. He LOVED the golf in Kauai. I don't remember where he played, but he said all of the courses are beautiful. He had a hard carrying case and said it was worth it. We are also on the East Coast so it was a hike for us too. It is a lot cheaper than renting and you get to use the clubs you are used to. I know we stayed at the Hyatt so the course was probably near there. ENJOY!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Suzie

Judging by the number of golf bags coming off the luggage carousel, I'd say that taking them is not a hassle. Make sure your rental car has adequate room for them or you might have to strap your traveling companion on the roof! Those rental car trunks seem mighty small! Have fun!

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 01:19 PM
ryan

Mike,
Here's a tip I learned from a golf pro while in Florida, pack the top of your golf bag with newspaper to prevent the club heads from getting knocked around in transit. Of course, if you travel with a hard shell case, it is a moot point.

Old Jan 8th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Julie

My husband always takes his clubs to Hawaii. Not only is it not a hassle, his golf travel bag provides lots of extra packing space. We carry our snorkel gear in the golf bag, extra shoes, etc. He played at Poipu, Princeville and Kauai Lagoons (there some kind of deal you can get if you play all three). I think he liked Poipu best.