Traveling St. Paul to Minneapolis

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be flying in to St. Paul and my wife wanted to go shopping at America's mall in Minneapolis. Additionally we are planning one night at 20-21 (Wolfgang Puck's new restaurant). Is there public transportation between the two cities or will she have to use a taxi both ways?
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM

Hi-If you are staying in downtown Mpls or St. Paul, the easiest way to travel between the two would be a taxi (IMO). They don't "cruise" in this town so you would need to access via a hotel or call directly. We do have a light rail system that runs to the Mall of America from downtown Mpls (not sure if there is a route from dwntwn St. Paul). Of course, there is the bus system -- but then you might spend considerable amt of time transferring, etc. Guess I recommend the cab. If you are dining at 20-21 (which is pretty fabulous) - you'd have to call a cab after dinner. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 11:35 AM
TheWeasel

I'm assuming you're flying into MSP? The airport is actually in Bloomington, and is on the light rail line. The Mall of America is also in Bloomington, and also on the light rail line. I doubt your wife would want to go shopping right after arriving, but if she's up for it, it's very close to the airport and light rail is the easiest way to get there.

Otherwise, the light rail line goes from MOA to downtown Mpls. The only way to get to St. Paul from Mpls, besides driving yourself, is bus or taxi. Taxi is much simpler, albeit more expensive, and as jbass said, you'll need to call for a taxi. They do not drive around looking for fares.

Old Mar 21st, 2006, 01:25 PM

Hi pjanthony15,

I agree with jbass, I would use a taxi.

However I have a couple questions, are you speaking of the Mall of America? If so, it is in Bloomington, not Minneapolis. This website may be useful to you before you visit: http://www.mallofamerica.com

Secondly, when you say you are flying into “St. Paul” do you mean you are flying into the Minneapolis-St. Paul International airport? If so, it is five minutes from the Mall of America and actually it is within the city limits of Minneapolis, also very close to St. Paul.

I hope this helps some. The above website also has a detailed map and directions how to get there.

Enjoy, Tiff
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM

Sorry to you, TheWeasel, looks like we had the same things in mind, I couldn't post for about an hour so I didn't see your reply when I finally was able to post.
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks folks. Looks like taxi is the way to go. We are looking forward to the trip.