TRAVELING IN US IN DECEMBER

Jun 27th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Original Poster

TRAVELING IN US IN DECEMBER

Could anyone tell me the best State to travel in (besides Florida) for end of December for warm weather. We don't want snow (we're from Canada) and I have been to Vegas. We are in our 60's. We don't mind staying in a park but no camping.
Jun 27th, 2007, 06:09 AM
GoTravel

What do you mean by warm weather? Personally, I consider Vegas cold in December.

South Padre Island, Texas would be warm.

Hawaii would be very warm.

Jun 27th, 2007, 06:23 AM

The end of December can be tricky. Some years, anywhere in the South...Georgia, Alabama, SC.....would be warm. But in other years, it would be cold. But even if it's cold, it would probably be warmer than Canada. It's too early to tell. You could make a reasonable guess about it in November.

They have snow sometimes in North Georgia and I assume in the northern part of Alabama and South Carolina too.
Jun 27th, 2007, 09:13 AM

Even Southern California can be unpredictable in Dec..
Lived all my life in this state and noted "sometimes" the first week or 10 days is "reasonable"--highs of 60and lows --45..now for rain--less likely in southern part of state...Northern part of state is completely unpredictable !
One interesting way to get an idea of weather trends is to go to www.weatherunderground.com and click on "travel planner" type in a span of time ( like 2 weeks in December) and it will summarize that time...
My choice if only considering weather would be Hawaii.....
Jun 27th, 2007, 09:46 AM

South Texas, including the previously mentioned South Padre Island. Also, as a VERY, VERY general proposition, most places along the IH 10 "corridor" would usually be fairly warm.