Reload this Page >

travel to Juipter and Orlando in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Stephanie

We plan to travel to FL in summer (4 adults in our 20's). We are going to stay in Jupiter first for a week(Jupiter Beach Resort, any ideas?), then Orlando(The Palms - A Tempus Resort). How long does it take to drive from Juptier to Orlando? Any tips for staying in Jupiter? Or where can I find more info for Jupiter? We might drive south while in J... It's our first time to FL... We appreciate any suggestions and recomm.
Thank you!

Old May 4th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Postal

If you take the Florida Turnpike from Orlando, the drive to Jupiter will take a little over two hours. Speed limit is 70 MPH and tolls will cost about $10.

Old May 4th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Will

I am in my 20's and live in Orlando and Boca Raton ( about 45 min from Jupiter). It will be hot and it will most likely rain every afternoon so bring cool clothes and an umbrella. While in Jupiter I would recommend going futher south. Downtown West Palm Beach has undergone a total redevelopment. CityPlace, off Okeechobee Blvd is a restaurant/shopping complex that is brand new. The Clematis Street area downtown is very busy at night with a myriad of nightclubs, bars and restaurants. Just over the bridge, Palm Beach is magnificent. Worth Avenue has some of the best shopping in the world and the beach is great. If you have more time in Jupiter drive down to Fort Lauderdale/Miami. It will take you about an hour to reach Broward County (Ft Lauderdale Area). This is the largest metropolitan area in Florida. It is alot cooler in the summer in South Florida due to the ocean breeze. Orlando has mostly theme parks and alot of cheesy tourist related restaurants but it is worth a day or two if you have never been. It is much hotter in the summer in Orlando than South Florida and you will notice that right away. What airport are you flying into? Out of curiousity, why choose Jupiter as a destination on your first visit to FL? To find out more on Jupiter and the rest of Palm Beach County go to www.palmbeachfl.com
Good Luck

Old May 6th, 2002, 09:33 AM
Stephanie

Thanks, guys. These are the most valuable inputs! We chose Jupiter as our first destination because we are using our timeshare plan. Since we decided a little too late, there aren't many choices left. But, well, Jupiter sounds like a nice place (one of the richest areas in FL?!) to visit,isn't it?
We are thinking flying to Melbourne Airport since it's kinda in the middle of Juipter and Orlando. Once we finish Orlando, it will be easier to get there... will be too exhaused to drive to far, I suppose. Or if you have any other better suggestions?
Oh!And Will, I heard that Boca is a pretty nice town. Does it worth to pay a visit? If yes, how do we get there from Jupiter?

By the way, the site you mentioned was great! Thanks!

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Will

Hi Stephanie--- Jupiter is very nice. Home to Celine Dion, Burt Reynolds etc. They have some really nice parks in that area on the ocean and it is not too developed. Flights into Melbourne will probably be more money and then the car rental will be probably more also. It is pretty small. Spirit Airlines has some good deals once in a while to Melbourne though. Your best bet is probably to fly into Palm Beach International or Orlando International. If you rent from Alamo they do not have any drop charges in FL so you could get a flight into Palm Beach and fly out of Orlando. It depends where you are coming from if this is possible. Boca is about 45 minutes or so from Jupiter at the other end of the county. You just get on I-95 in Jupiter at Indiantown Rd and head south. Boca Raton exits are Congress Av through Palmetto Park Rd. It is worth a visit I think. The architecture alone is unique. The Rolls-Royces, fancy restaurants and shopping etc give it the nickname "Beverly Hills, Florida" Check out Mizner Park, a shopping and dining area. Also, at Red Reef Park in Boca Raton you can lay out on the beach and throw on a mask and snorkel go into the water and snorkel right at the shore line. You can rent snorkel stuff for a few bucks at most dive shops. The water is pretty clear and you will see some interesting stuff down there. I go every few weeks. Good luck and bring sunscreen!