Reload this Page >

travel ideas for two

Search

travel ideas for two

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 12:39 PM
Joe

travel ideas for two

Looking for travel ideas for a 4 day trip to Arizona? We are flying into Phoenix in mid-November and were thinking of staying in the Sedona area and then taking a day to travel to the grand canyon. How about Flagstaff? Thanks

Old Aug 4th, 1999, 02:26 PM
Karen

Four days is really a quickie trip to such a vast area. If I were doing this trip I would stay the first day and night in Phoenix, drive the Grand Canyon and spend the night, on down to Sedona for the day and night and on in to Phoenix for the last day and night. The drive to the canyon is just a few hours which will give you a nice day and evening there. Phoenix is really a beautiful city so be sure to give it enough time for sightseeing.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 11:40 AM
Dana

Since you are staying such a short time, and if you want to treat yourself, The Boulders resort is 45 minutes north of Phoenix. It's gorgeous! Fine dining and golf course.

I highly recommend it.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 03:18 PM
Ellie

It's about a 4 hour drive from the airport to the Canyon. If it's your first time there, you'll want to see a sunset and sunrise. So I would land
(hopefully early in the day), get your car and head north. Spend two nights at the caynon, then two nights in Sedona (if your departing flight permits). Flagstaff is O.K. but a pretty small town. I prefer the canyon or Sedona more than Flagstaff.

Old Aug 5th, 1999, 10:05 PM
Lisa Howard

You will love Sedona! You need at least two days there in my opinion. Go to Cathedral Rock, Slide Rock State Park, and try and do a day at the spa or take a jeep ride. I did a sunset jeep ride tour that was really enjoyable (Earth Wisdom Tours). There is also lots of art to see. We also took a side trip to Tuzigoot and Jerome which was interesting too. Tuzigoot is a national monument of an Indian Villlage built between 1125 and 1400. Jerome is an old mining town. You can do both of those in a day. Have fun!