Transportation to Hanama Bay & Diamond Head

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transportation to Hanama Bay & Diamond Head

Staying in Waikiki and not renting a car. Was hoping to use public bus transportation to Hanama Bay and Diamond Head. Sound okay?

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:28 PM

You can use the buses. Very economical, however bear in mind that they are city buses so allow for the extra time for all the stops. Look at it as a cheap way to sight-see! Also, a few years back when we took the bus to Diamond Head, the bus dropped us outside of the entrance and you had to walk through the tunnel into the parking area. Not sure if that is still the way it works. It's not that it was a bad walk in, I just wasn't wild about walking through the tunnel with cars and buses driving through. Both are great places to go. Have a great time!
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:44 PM
bonniebroad

mlarson, you can use the bus, but it will take more time that way. Your concierge can get you on a shuttle that runs to either place. Sometimes I'd rather have the extra time, and don't mind spending a few dollars for it. The shuttles that pick up in Waikiki for these things are usually not all that expensive.

Old May 5th, 2004, 02:43 PM

BonnieBroad,

Do you know if the shuttle you are referring to is the same one that can also take you to Pearl Harbor? We will be there for two days as well and don't want to bother with a car. I'm hoping that there are a couple of reliable shuttle services can get us where we want to go without too much hassle.
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:09 PM
bonniebroad

Jayne, the Arizona Memorial Shuttle is only for Pearl Harbor. The shuttle to Diamond Head would include a guide going with you to the top, and runs about $15 to $20 per person. One company that does that is *hawaiiactivities.com*....... Now, the shuttles to Hanauma Bay would include a snorkeling expedition, and would be more expensive so I don't know if you'd want to do that. If I can find anything more for you, I will post it!

Old May 6th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Do you know roughly how much a shuttle to Pearl Harbor is? I only want a ride, NO TOURS!
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:13 AM
bonniebroad

Arizona Memorial Shuttle Bus (808) 839-0911

$6.00 per person, roundtrip, with pick-up at your Waikiki hotel