Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver

Apr 23rd, 1999, 11:17 PM
Mame

Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver

Hi,
I am going to Vancouver from Seattle this summer. I would like to take the Amtrak train from Seattle but they only have a train a day leaving. They do however have bueses leaving that are cheaper than the Quickshuttle. I do not know how the bus transport system is on Amtrak. Has anyone ever used the Amtrak bus service. If so, can you please share your experiences? Thanks for any info available.
Mame

Apr 25th, 1999, 06:55 AM
Brandon

Hi Mame,

I believe that Amtrak now has a speed train route going to Vancouver in about an hour and a half. That is pretty fast, considering it's 170+ miles away from Seattle. You may want to check Amtrak again and ask them about their speed train service called the Cascade. It might run more than once a day now.

Brandon

Apr 25th, 1999, 06:56 AM
Brandon

Hi Mame,

I believe that Amtrak now has a speed train route going to Vancouver in about an hour and a half. That is pretty fast, considering it's 170+ miles away from Seattle. You may want to check Amtrak again and ask them about their speed train service called the Cascade. It might run more than once a day now.

Brandon

Apr 25th, 1999, 02:24 PM
Mame

Hello Brandon:
Thanks for your reply. However, I checked today with Amtrak and they do have a Cascade train that leaves once a day but it takes three hours. My plane arrives after the time the train leaves,
but they do have the buses that takes about four hours. I just not sure which one I want to take. Quickshuttle has buses that leave directly from the airport except it will cost me $77 more than Amtrak bus. If I take Amtrak bus, I will have to take a cab to Amtrak. I don't know if this is a thirty minute drive or fifteen minute drive. Anyway, thank you for your input.

Apr 29th, 1999, 03:32 PM
jeanne

If it is a help-the cab ride from SeaTac to the Amtrack station is between 25-30 minutes tops if there is not traffic-double that in heavy traffic hours (7AM-10AM) and sometimes 4PM-7PM)
hope this helps

Apr 29th, 1999, 03:35 PM
jeanne

it is about 25-30 minutes top from SeaTac airport to the Amtrak station in no traffic but double that in bad conditions (7-10AM or 4-7PM for example)

hope that helps