Reload this Page >

Transport from JFK Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 1999, 06:59 AM
John

We are arriving at JFK next Saturday afternoon. What is the best way to get to the Hotel Pennsylvania, Manhatten, with 4 adults & baggage? It does not have to be the quickest as we have never been to NYC before.

Old May 30th, 1999, 07:43 AM
Emily

I went to NYC for the first time last month and took a Grayline Shuttle bus in to the city. For $14 a person they'll take you to any hotel in mid-town Manhatten. Just buy a ticket from their desk in the ground transportation of the airport when you get off the plane.

Old May 30th, 1999, 06:07 PM
Julie

I was there in March with my sister and mother. After posting the same question on this forum--we determined that taxi was the easiest and cheapest. We literally picked up our bags, then got right into the taxi. The cost was a fixed price (as required by regulations in the city) at around $30. You can take the bus stated in the previous reply, but if you have over 1 person it is cheaper to take a taxi (and a lot easier and quicker). I have never experienced any problems with taxi cabs in NYC. It is pretty safe.

Old May 31st, 1999, 09:35 AM
Paul Rabe

Check out

www.panynj.gov/aviation/jfkframe.HTM

and then pull down the "Transport" List Box to the type of transport of interest to you. It gives a warning you must know, particularly since this is your first visit: do not, repeat, *DO NOT* take an unlicensed taxi from the airport into New York.

Old May 31st, 1999, 02:14 PM
michael

Take a taxi