Halekulani vs Royal Hawaiian + Maui

Old May 31st, 1999, 11:48 AM
Matthew

Halekulani vs Royal Hawaiian + Maui

Hi,

We're coming to Hawaii in July and I really can't decide where to stay in Waikiki beach.

I've heard Halekulani is THE hotel but not first hand from anyone who's stayed there.

We'll be in Waikiki for the first 5 nights of our 2 week stay and as we're coming from the UK want some initial luxury after the long flight ! Once we're luxuried out we'll move on to Maui and Kaui

We don't necessarily need a fantastic view from the room (we can afford $300 a night, not $500 !!) but we do like to have a really nice room in beuatiful surroundings and we love being pampered. A relaxing pool area is important too.

On previous 'beach' visits to the States we've stayed at The Don Cesar in St Petes, FL and The Del Coronado near San Diego. We love these places and are hoping that Halekulani can provide the same or better experience.

Is this the right hotel to choose ? I was initially thinking the Royal Hawaiian would be a good choice but I'm not sure now.

Can you help !!

We're also looking for good tips for places in Kaui (4 nights) and Maui (5 nights).

Budget of $150-$200/night in Kaui and Maui

Old May 31st, 1999, 02:39 PM
Cheryl Z.

Definetly the Halekulani if money no object. Newer, in better condition, constantly rated # l. The RH is beautiful and charming but rooms old and can't equal the other. Be sure to walk thru the lobby though and the grounds, the Moana too, for "old" Hawaii flavor.