Reload this Page >

Transit from Logan to Quincy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Johnny Boy

Landing at Logan Sunday evening. Staying in Quincy at Marriott. Take the T or Logan Express to Braintree then cab to hotel? Also coming back on Friday afternoon - same on round trip?

I will have one bag. How much of a hassle to tote around on the T?

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:00 AM
xx

Contact the hotel to see if they have a shuttle to the Quincy Adams T station, or to Logan Express. If they do, it'll at least save you a few dollars! The T should'nt be too much of a hassle with one bag,unless it's rush hour,as you may have to squeeze your way on the trains. The only thing that stinks about the T is that you'll have to transfer lines twice. www.mbta.com

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Johnny Boy

The hotel is adjacent to the Quincy Adams station so that seems attractive but I was wondering if the combination of carrying the bag and changing trains was too much of a hassle.

It seems the Logan Express would be easy - just jump on - but more of a hassle to get to hotel.

Thanks for the opinion.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:37 AM
r-travels

The transfers you need to do are so short that I just walked from the Aquarium T (BlueLine) to South Station (Red Line), but I think walking to Downtown Crossing (RedLine) would have been shorter. I was "rolling" one of those "under-seat" bags.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Ann

ON the return trip on a Friday afternoon the T may be your best bet, as it can't get stuck in traffic. On a Sunday evening it doesn't matter as much.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 11:28 AM
chris

take the water shuttle to quincy mass then cab it ( 15 minutes)

web site for shuttle ( harbor express)
about 20$ r/trip

from your airport terminal - take bus that is marked "water taxi" or "Hyatt Hotel" , hotel is right next to water shuttle depot - be careful, there are two hotels at airport ( Hyatt and Hilton) go to Hyatt and or water shuttle dock ( 10 minute ride

make sure you get on right boat "Harbor express" to quincy, this boat is a 70 foot , steel, catamaran, cant miss it vs the other small water shuttles

trip is 20 minutes and quite pretty view of Boston

when you arrive in quincy - call cab - 10$ to hotel

good luck

dont take MBTA - its a mess