Search

tours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 12:05 PM
fran

tours

Is the cemetery stop during the Grayline City Tour enough, or should we still take a cemetery tour? Also, if I take the Garden Tour, which includes a stop at a cemetery,
is this cemetery stop sufficient? Has anyone been to Mardi Gras World? Is it worthwhile?

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Tom

If you are referring to Blaine Kerns Mardi Gras World in Algiers, yes I heartedly recommend it. Half the funin getting there is the ferry ride across the mighty Mississippi. Enjoy.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:40 AM
xxx x

I haven't done a Grayline tour, but I highly recommend the Cemetary Tours. We've taken the New Orleans Ghost Tours Cemetary Tour of St. Louis No. 1. and the Historic New Orleans Walking Tours Garden District and Cemetary Tour of LaFayette No. 1. On that tour, we spent 1/2 our time in the Cemetary and 1/2 walking around the Garden District. Both of these were excellent.

We enjoyed Mardi Gras World, but I think it depends on your tastes. They show a film about Mardi Gras and the making of the floats. You get to try on some of the costumes used in the parades and take pictures. We ate King Cake and then toured the warehouse and saw the props and floats being built/repaired/revamped for next year's parades. The ferry ride (FREE) was nice. We also enjoyed walking around Algiers Point. We used our Frommer's guide book to take a self-guided tour of the neighborhood.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Cindy

I definitely suggest the Gray Line City Tour - unless you have a definite interest in a cemetery, the stop is long enough and you get a load of good information about the city during the rest of the trip.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:34 AM
rick

Mardi Gras World is great. One tip, when you get off the free ferry, there is also a free van shuttle waiting to take you to Mardi Gras World--look for it, otherwise you will have a very long walk like me!! I did not realize there was a shuttle.

Rick

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:09 PM
J Correa

I definitely recommend the Historic New Orleans Walking Tour Company for tours. We took the cemetray-voodoo tour and it was great.