Top Ten List for New Hope/Bucks County?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're visiting the Bucks County area for a few days next month; I'd appreciate hearing what "attractions" people found worthwhile there, plus any moderate (or inexpensive) restaurant recommendations. Thanks!
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

topping for Bucks County suggestions
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 10:12 AM

Hi Victoria - it may help if you qualify who 'we' is - if 'we' includes children, Sesame Place might make the list...

Otherwise, as far as specific 'attractions', I would recommend visiting the towns of Yardley, Newtown, Doylestown, New Hope, Lambertville, etc. All have cute, walkable, downtown areas. There are also several wineries in the area, particularly between Newtown and New Hope. Would also suggest visiting Washington's Crossing for the historical sites...also very nice drives & peaceful parks between Washington Crossing on both sides of the river and New Hope/Lambertville, e.g Bowman's Tower, etc.

Yardley has a great & inexpensive breakfast at the local diner by the river - Charcoal Steaks 'n' Things - In Newtown I enjoyed Isaac Newton's for a good variety at a decent price, and La Stalla for good italian in a fun atmosphere (though not inexpensive)...the farmer's market on Thurs-Fri-Sat is also good for inexpensive eats in Newtown (love the Mennonite baking stand & Mexican food in particular!). In New Hope, Havana is usually a good choice for dinner... Washington Crossing on the NJ side has a great irish pub/restaurant on the river called Flaherty's. Washington Crossing on the PA side has a great pizza/italian place in the plaza right off 332...the name of which escapes me!
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:35 AM

Here are my suggestions:

- Stroll around New Hope & Lambertville (be sure to sample the beers at River Horse Brewery)
- Ringing Rock state park (bring a hammer!)
- Washington Crossing PA
- Golden Nugget Antique Flea Market
- Make a dinner reservation for SIAM if you love inexpensive but yummy Thai food (its where all the locals go)
- On a hot & hazy day you can go tubing on the Delaware River.
- Treat yourself to ZANYA spa...its out of this world.

have fun
Old Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM

My only addition:

Dilly's Ice Cream Stand! Up the road about 2 miles (rt. 32) from New Hope. Great Icecream shakes and Burgers!! Follow the Motorcycles!!
JOHN
Old Jun 25th, 2005, 07:47 PM

We went to New Hope a few years ago for a long weekend. we stayed at the Mansion Inn. It was nice but overpriced in comparison to other B and B's we have stayed at. They did make a great breakfast. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at the Logan Inn. You can eat dinner there even if you don't stay there. There is a very good ice cream place across the street from the Mansion Inn. Their tree bark ice cream is worth a taste. My husband ordered it and I wished that I did too after just one taste. It had a cinnamin flavor to it. We went antique shopping and enjoyed that too. I hope you have fun!