Reload this Page >

"Tony N Tina's Wedding" show Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 02:13 PM
stephanie

Has anyone seen the Tony N Tina's wedding show in Chicago? What did you think? Was it worth the money?

Thanks for any replies.

Stephanie

Old Jan 19th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Jeanette

Tony N Tina's wedding is much fun, especially when you are with a group. If you are used to just sitting back and being entertained, it might not be for you. Heard people who've had a great time and others who thought it was more of a one joke evening. I think it really depends how much the audience of the night plays into the mood. Went with a couple once who do this to the hilt so it was very much worth it. Then again these people and also my entire family can't be distinguished from the actors, so it does make it a little more interesting.

Old Jan 20th, 2001, 08:30 PM
gail

Saw it in San Francisco and thought it was very funny. If you don't mind being somwehat involved in what is going on in the show you will love it! Don't forget to bring a gift or it might ne MENTIONED!

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 07:30 AM
Jeanette

Stephanie, I just opened the Sunday paper- Daily Southtown (Chicago) and the theater guide by Betty Mohr has rated Tony N Tina's a "total no-brainer
and not worth the money." (Exact words.)She was highly offended by the Italian wedding stereotype etc. etc. etc. Says Tommy Gun's Garage at 1239 S. State is better and with much better music. Thought I'd pass it along as I don't know if you'd rather do the "Garage" as it has some Cole Porter etc. It is also an audience participation show. I was not offended by Tony N Tina in any way myself as we are what we are. Like Gail, I do think you will like it if this politically correct environment hasn't erased your sense of humor as it has so many others. Probably even Shakespeare if it were written today would have been decried as his connotations and descriptions would have surely offended somebody.

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 11:07 AM
stephanie

Hey, thanks so far for the informative posts. I appreciate anything. Jeannette, I haven't lost my sense of humor, I am one of those who wishes "political correctness" would die down. I think it's a waste of energy to be so worried about how what you say will offend someone - there are of course are certain things that shouldn't be said, but overall I think we should all lighten up! I imagine I would love this show in that respect. Thanks again. Stephanie

Old Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:22 AM
Sandy

Attended with my sister, adult daughter and 80 year old mother a couple of years ago in Chicago. When during the reception a wonderful older Italian man came up to my very proper mom and asked, "Are you still stripping?", my mom without missing a beat said,"yes", and the fellow loudly proclaimed, "This woman was the best stripper I ever had!" I thought we'd all die laughing. What fun. If you are looking for a great dinner or a great literary work this may not fit the bill, but for great fun and a light hearted evening this play should do it.