Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Stachi...what are the odds?

I'm a fellow Cave Creeker. Small world.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 03:43 PM

Small town! I'm actually in the newer "no-mans-land" part of CC, off Dynamite between Scottsdale & Tatum. It's weird how the borders are around here, Scottsdale is across the street and Phoenix is a mile away! I do love to get into "Cave Creek" proper though, great restaurants, great shopping - love all the "antique" and arts/crafts shops - and love the atmosphere!
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

I'm in the "real" Cave Creek...about two miles north of the Horny Toad. I love it here. See rabbits, quail, ground squirrels and deer on a daily basis.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 09:13 PM

That's a great area where you live - we eventually want to buy a few acres "up north". We only have 1/2 acre now but at least we don't share our (view) fences with our neighbors so we see lots of wildlife - when our dogs aren't scaring them away! Darn coyotes ate a quail nest with 8 eggs in our front yard the other day...the circle of life in our yard, it's a wonderful thing... We haven't seen a single havalina (sp?) yet, though, isn't that weird?
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Yes, it's great where we live. We have 2 1/2 acres. We don't see javalina as often as the other animals but do see them occasionally. Have also had a bobcat come to the water dish that we have outside for the critters. Buy your land soon. Prices going up there. I'm so glad we moved out here when we did (about 7 years ago). Got a great deal on a lot then.
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 11:06 AM

Hey there - how close to the fires up there are you? Are you covered in ash yet?
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

The fires are about 10-15 miles north of us. No, we're not covered in ash. In fact, we don't even smell smoke when we go outside. It is kind of scary, though, to think of wildfires being so close. I check the National Forest Service fire report every day and at this time, there is no threat to homes.